Exit plan

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Clara3, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Believe me if it were that easy I would have already done it that way but I don't even have 8 months experience driving

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location; we'll help you find a good job.
    All you have to do is apply; then when you're accepted; quit the company you're currently with.

Clara3 Thanks this.
  4. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    I'm homeless. I now love on my truck. I'll go anywhere to live and/or drive.

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    This how I quit jobs. They already know you're looking. They will get you back to Green Bay or wherever your home terminal is eventually. Keep running, keep a few dollars in your pocket, line up a job in the mean time, once you get to your home terminal, quit. Take the bus home or to the town of your next orientation. According to your other threads, they can't wait to get you off the payroll so it wont be long before you get back to the terminal

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Which state is your cdl from? That's what companies look at.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  7. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Send in a Qualcomm message advising that the current delivery schedule is impossible, but you will take the load if someone replies acknowledging that the load is impossible.

Do not answer your phone. Require all communication be by electronic device. Take photos of the messages sent and received.

If your dispatcher gets abusive on the Qualcomm, well, forward it to his boss.

Flyswatter2112 and foggy Thank this.
  8. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    It might simply be that your dispatcher hates dealing with complete newbies, and wants to keep a bunch of more productive drivers on their team. They might not get paid based on the miles and quality of service you give the customers, but their annual review **certainly** includes lots of metrics based on driver performance.

9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    This does not help with an exit strategy, hopefully you have a place to lay up a few days to a couple of weeks, or at least the bucks to stay somewhere.

10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Get approved for 2 weeks off/vacation. The end of the day before your time off starts give 2 week notice. I've always given 2 week notice but I've also only worked for companies that allow me to work a 2 week notice. It's a lot easier that way.

11. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017

I got my first job with zero. Quit there at 3 weeks, no trouble getting the next.

One of my best friends has about a dozen trucks. Oil delivery, dumpster hooklift, local daycab tractor and landoll, several rollbacks, and 2 wreckers. Counting him there are only 3 drivers when he needs ten. Little local operations where you sit at the lunch table with the owner and become family, is where the shortage is. Its not at swift. Theyll find another dozen kids tomorrow and get that year each out of them.

You dont need to read the want ads, the places that need drivers worst have just given up and are driving longer hours themselves. Go where you see trucks, walk in, ask if there is an extra truck they want you in. Easy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.