Experience with your LTL company

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ACH1130, Sep 23, 2012.

1. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    I'm still laid off. Hoping to get the call back soon. Also 550 - 600 a week was my average take home pay after taxes (claiming single 0) and 401k

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Hope you get your feet back on the ground. I am not laid off yet, but I might as well be. I've drove in the past two and a half weeks what I used to average a week. Good luck. I hope they pick you back up.

4. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Well I've been running teams at FedEx Ground for the time being. Been averaging 1200 a week gross. I applied at NRT (National Retail Transportation) before the holidays and they called today. Basically, I'll be getting the same pay and running solo. Home every week, mostly drop and hook and won't be killing myself running teams. NRT is only 15 minutes away from the house and FedEx is 1 hour away. I called FedEx and said I wasn't going out this week cause I was sick. Hahaha, so I can go take my road test, drug test, etc. I figure I'll only have to run one more trip with FedEx. NRT has paid vacation, paid sick, personal and holidays, 401k. I'll be looking forward to having a real job again! Once I get hired there Reddaway will probably call me back lol!

Good luck to you. That's how it was for me before they laid me off. Hopefully you can weather the storm till they pick back up. I will say that FedEx has kept me busy, almost too busy. Went out after new years day and we did 5972 miles! The contractor I work for said it would slow down to about 5000 miles a week. My co-driver and I were looking forward to it slowing down. Guess not.

5. trknfool

trknfool Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Ludlow Falls Ohio
    LTL for me is great. I am a linehaul driver. I usually choose an open bid so I don’t travel over the same pothole every night. The good is pay and benefits. I am home every day. Most days just to sleep and eat, but I am home. The bad is working nights. The traffic is much better at night but I miss seeing how the other half lives as I drive down the road.

jakebrake12 and road_runner Thank this.
  6. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    I hope you find another LTL company that will give you more hours. I wouldn't wish OTR on anybody. Thing is, there are good OTR outfits, it's just that you and I won't get in with them because they want a lot of experience. So we have to make do with the big crappy ones with the huge turnovers and the ###### pay and ####tier hometime, driving a governed International with its balls cut off and go to a Lowe's Distribution Center and be treated like crap by Debra, because you just interrupted her KFC lunch.

7. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Hey you are not too far from me. What runs do you guys have out of your area? How much is linehaul paid? You guys work the dock much? How much is that paid at. I'm making $18/hr and .40 per mile on runs to Cleveland and Detroit working for another comapny. I wouldn't mind a change to a higher paying company that takes care of their equipment a bit more, better benefits, blah blah.

8. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Im on Layoff from YRC as well. They are estimating to a year for me to make a return. As of now Im looking for other work, and this is my second time on layoff within two months

9. Hammer71

Hammer71 Light Load Member

May 21, 2012
    Montgomery NY
    ARCH, nothing up in Maybrook? I know its a hike for ya but I see them pulling out every night.

10. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Hmmm its about a hour away, 45 min(the way I drive)... they wanted switchers but i wont make enough to cover gas and tolls for only 40 hours... Ill call for road driver though

11. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    got some info from my friend... Terminal 123 is still hiring so im just going to transfer there, will make phone call tomorrow

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.