F2F Transport / Farm2Fleet: My story with no happy end...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by mp4694330, Jun 9, 2016.

1. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Pretty soon U all will be able to charter a plane

catalinaflyer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Yea start a tour group company and do like the Chinese tour groups. Setup kick back deals at certain places. Hire a tour guide having them lead everyone around holding a stick flag in the air so the people in the back can see where their tour leader is.. lol

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Let me set something straight about the whole "vocal supporter" thing. The last thing I wanted to see was the whole thing come crashing down when myself and a lot of other people were owed money. What would you have done in that situation? It's kind of a precarious situation when somebody has the squeeze on you like that. Yeah I sat at home for over a month, during normally what is the busiest part of my year, waiting for my money to trickle in. I got every cent owed. That put a major hurting on me and this year's earnings needing to work but not being able to. Not everyone wants to sit around like that with a bunch of unproductive time when they could move on and be back into the money again.

5. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Thanks @mp4694330 @rollin coal -

I've had to wait on the sidelines for this to be aired - the truth that is.

I know @mp4694330 personally, and Rollin coal through private communications, so you can take it from me, they're both legit.

It's not an easy decision to make, but I knew the writing was on the wall for a long time and I'm glad they both got out - albeit at considerable cost and inconvenience.

Infuriating for me to sit and read Bill Hoods posts, and the flood of 'cheerleaders ' that had limited, or no knowledge of the situation when I was well aware of what was going on.

I'd like to hear from current F2F drivers as to how the acquisition by Max Trans has been, what's changed, and what they intend to do going forward.

6. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Wow...what are you doing now?

7. Marlin46

Marlin46 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Wasn't F2F involved in a deal with Covenant a couple of years ago? I thought that was the deal that would have given F2F the financial stability in the first place...or perhaps it never went through?

8. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    The answer is really simple. They take huge risks using other people's money to fund most of it. At some point, the people with the money start calling the shots. Only they don't know the operational side of the business, and the original leader just becomes the mouthpiece of bad policy. The investors just care about what kind of cut they're taking off the top. Eventually, there's enough bad decisions dictated by those that hold all the gold, that the business becomes unsustainable and collapses. At the end, the only villain left is the guy that had the bright idea in the first place. During better times, he may have acquired some nice things, that consequently make him look even worse when the poop hits the fan.

Don't take this the wrong way. I have been a vocal fan of Bill's since I met him and it was just him and his one truck. I'm deeply disappointed to see what's happened here. Obviously not as disappointed as those that aren't getting paid, for sure.

What I am 99.999% sure of is: that Bill did not set out to grow his business with an end goal of screwing a bunch of hard working men and women. I'm also almost that sure that, at some point along the way, he lost real control of the business and was too naïve to realize it. If at some later point he figured it out, it was probably way too late to save face. Or he didn't figure it out, and his new "friends" in the industry have convinced him that doing business like that is ok. Who really knows?

What I can say for sure is that big business gets built with lots of risk, and rarely without outside funding. The very few who manage to pull it off are regarded as captains of industry, and the rest fade into the past as greedy bad guys.

Exactly the same as you did. At some point, you have to cut your losses and move on. I also would have probably let it ride even longer than you did, because I can be a real sucker sometimes. Or because you're smarter than me.

Yes I'm sure. But what about you?

:biggrin_25523:

Jussst kidding. Actually the opposite case with me. I know what RC looks like, and even bought a truck like his since he's just that cool. Mark, on the other hand, seems to always miss by a day. I'm beginning to think there's more to that LOL.

9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Red it's easy to say when you're not in that situation what you would have done. I've done that myself here many times from the peanut gallery. When you're in the actual scenario though all of a sudden it's real.

If you were there I'm telling you the excuses and forever moving goal posts would have really wore thin. I mean we're talking about 10 months of this. It was so bad by the time I stopped working I was 3 weeks behind. Some people were in worse shape.

Inquiries, if they weren't completely ignored which was the usual, you were given the run around. Ohhh we'll have everything in order 2 weeks from now. We're turning this ship around. Then 2 weeks later still not paid.... well, by the end of the month. Then by the end of the month. Well we're really confident... and on and on and on for a long time. Meanwhile people had bills to pay and mouths to feed.

I think many of us were a lot more patient than we could or should have been considering that kind of total disrespect after hanging in there.

It's important to note here Bill made a point several weeks ago to say that everyone had been made whole after they partnered up with Max Trans. But that's not true at all.

10. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    @rollin coal ,My "vocal supporter" comment wasn't meant to ruffle Ur feathers and if it did please accept my apologies

After reading your comments of this morning it seems U and others were strung along

Hope things work out for U as I've always enjoyed Ur views on things

rollin coal and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  11. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Ha! Yes, good point. "Who IS this guy?!"

I've always been pretty honest. My DNA seems to prevent otherwise. In 40 years - I've learned that the truth does prevail, and by simply telling the truth, life is a lot easier.

But you have to take a knock to the ego once in a while, and wear some egg. But I think people respect you more that way, than if you 'color ' reality.

blacklabel, Dave_in_AZ, rachi and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.