F4T6UY’s Big Fat Thread of Accountability

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by F4T6UY, Jul 10, 2022.

1. F4T6UY

F4T6UY Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    I’m sure there’s a website out here somewhere…

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I shudder to think.

4. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    I like intermittent fasting as well and tend to eat in 6-8 hour window. But fasting in general seemed like a crazy concept for the longest.

For me, all my life eating whatever, I was never able to go more than a couple hours without having at least a snack. (I’m sure that’s not completely accurate, reading back), but when I was doing low carb, one time I ate breakfast on a Tuesday morning, and didn’t have my next meal until Wednesday evening. And it wasn’t even a struggle. I did, however have my coffee with fats in it Wednesday morning.

Anyways, I thought that was remarkable as I never could have imagined being able to do that before.

Just another personal experience that showed me what role that heavy carbs have played in my life.

5. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    And, the purpose in starting this thread wasn’t for promoting one diet over another. It’s just about being accountable for one’s health however you feel best.

I’m just gonna talk about what works for me, and people are free to talk about what works for them.

I’ll document my struggle good and bad. If I eat a whole chocolate cake huddled in a closet while my kids are looking for me, I’ll confess it.

I like cake.

Boondock, austinmike, Coover and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Do you always smile like that?

Axin' for a friend.

7. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    That’s the face I wear when I show up early to the receiver.

8. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    I would approach it with the main goal being optimal health rather than the main goal being weight loss. So the weight loss is just an added benefit to achieving optimal health. There's alot of crazy diet ideas out there that you'll lose weight on but they're really not all that healthy.

9. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    I agree fully. And that is where effort is put.

Now, not everyone will agree on the “healthiest” way to eat.

I use Vital Farms grass fed butter. Grass fed grass finished meat when I can. I like smoked salmon so I make sure I only get wild caught. I eat sardines out of the can (in olive oil).

I don’t make a habit out of getting a double bacon cheeseburger from fast food restaurants and chunking the bread in the trash. Even though that’s keto, I try to keep it clean. The goal is too eventually source all my meat from local farmers.

10. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    Yeah, the first thing I did was give up soft drinks and embrace water about 5 years ago. Will only have the occasional soda (gotta have a Coke in the bottle from Mexico when I eat tacos. I mean, I just gotta)

100%. Most important thing anyone can do is give up all processed food and go back to the days of your grandparents (great grandparents for the youngins), before there was a McDonald’s on every corner and all this ready made food.

Just cook your own food.

My grandma/grandpa lived well into their 90’s and cooked with lard, had bacon and eggs every morning…but cooked. Hell, my grandma had an icecream addiction, but she made it herself. Even made her own chocolate syrup to pour over it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    Reason for edit: Used ‘grandma’ and ‘fetish’ in the same sentence. Sorry, Grandma.
  11. F4T6UY

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    After seeing @Coover post the jalapeños on the grill, I decided that needed to be done at this house. Got about 7 pounds of fajita sirloin and made some fresh pico de gallo to go with it.

First a little write up of the stuffed jalapeños. They’re easy, but maybe somebody that hasn’t done them before will find this useful.

The secret is gutting the jalapeño and getting all the seeds and ribs out. I like spicy, but not everybody here does, and getting a spicy one every once in a while will sneak up on your tear ducts.

The old school potato peeler works best to dig out the seeds. Get fat, long jalapeños. You don’t want to split them open when you are gutting and stuffing them. Cut the cap off (I left some of these a little too long), guy em, Then I run them under water to get all the loose seeds out.

I stuff ‘em with cream cheese. You can stuff em with a chunk of cheddar and a little Smokey, or anything really, but I like this way best. Make sure you get that cheese all the way down there and fill em up. Try not to split the pepper.

Then wrap em with bacon, use tooth picks if necessary. I like to use thin bacon cuz you can stretch it. The bacon I used was a little too thin, so I had to use more toothpicks…and more bacon.

Cooked pics later tonight.

upload_2022-7-13_15-21-1.jpeg

upload_2022-7-13_15-21-34.jpeg

upload_2022-7-13_15-22-4.jpeg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.