Failed road test. Only have one more try. Demoralized right now

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by davidtrucker88, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Omega7777

Omega7777 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2018
    undercover boss ? lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's now exactly behavior a driver instructor should show. She's supposed to be a profressional. She acted real impatient, and if you don't have any patience, it'll be tough to make it in this industry

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  4. davidtrucker88

davidtrucker88 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Update: I talked with management earlier this morning and explained exactly what occurred. I explained to them that she was very rude, used vulgar language, was being abusive to the old man that was blocking the intersection and was completely unprofessional. I told them I was less than 2-3 minutes from passing the test until that incident and explained to them that I feel I should be granted my CDL and not have to wait a week to take the test again.

They told me they are now getting corporate involved (the top of the food chain) and to just sit tight.

Wish me luck guys.

5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Absolutely good luck.

The state employee that went off the rails should be disciplined, maybe have her authority to test CDL applicants revoked for a while AT LEAST.

At any rate, you will have a story to tell newcomers years from now.

6. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Finally somebody's that's not scared to stand up for themselves.
    Good Job!!!

Chinatown and Lepton1 Thank this.
  7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You know how on Bar Rescue, when they have all the people come in at once and overload the staff, to separate the healthy from the sick?

I personally would have loved to have seen the incident with Fatty Patti.

Omega7777 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Years ago, during the heyday of Jazz, the insides of the clubs would get too warm and people would have to go outside to cool off. Well, there were some people who were seemingly not affected by the heat. They were said to be “cool” or separated and immune to the environment around them.

You will have family on your mind, traffic to deal with, trainers who don’t know enough to be training, signs, weather and Darwin’s looking to die. You can’t allow anyone or anything to disrupt your game.

The Cool head prevails.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Omg i’m dying over. That’s funny af

TripleSix Thanks this.
  10. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Fatty patty was unprofessional, whaa, whaa, whaa, she yelled and swore.

She scared me, so I should get an automatic pass, AND a vanilla ice cream cone with chocoate fudge and a cherry on top..

Im gonna tell my mommy, write a letter to my congressman, and call the federal marshals.

Life aint fair, you guys need to grow a pair!! If that is enough to rattle ya. Imagine what life for fatty patty must have been, and is still like.

To the op, dude you screwed up. (If you were in a major city, a old man holding up traffic. Someone blowing the horn, and someone yelling. Well that is considered just another day in paradise.)
    Own up to it and dont let it get you down.

When you take the next test. Tell the tester you have to pass, cause you have mouths to feed.

Then take your time, slow down do everything your way. Pass test and go about your day.

88228822 and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  11. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I agree with most of this except the auto-granting of the CDL.

I would have asked for a new test rather than ask them to simply take it on faith that you were doing as well as you thought you were doing.

Don't be upset if they ask you to test again. I would not give you a CDL without an instructor passing you.

TripleSix and Lepton1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.