Falcon Transport, Co. - Youngstown Oh.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by geargrinder, Nov 23, 2006.

1. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    As long as no one would come and say boo I think I would be alright in there just a little creepy.:biggrin_2552:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. geargrinder

geargrinder Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2006
    More than likely waiting.
    I don't think you can go wrong with Falcon's Flatbed Division. They have a ton of contracts, upgrading all the trailers, and good International tractors. If you're a flatbedder, and live near a terminal - I don't see how you can go wrong. Good hometime (weekends), and the family medical is pretty inexpensive.

Good luck.

4. Kane

Kane Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Michigan
    So have an update? Still with Falcon? If not, with who?

5. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    I know you were kidding, but I grew up in Batesville,IN(home of Batesville Casket Company). The point is, Batesville Casket is a private fleet, unionized, and one of the best jobs in trucking today. Some of there senior drivers get very close to six figures every year while still being home weekends with full union benefits. I think if I was the kind of guy who would like a union job, and I still lived in Batesville,IN or Manchester,TN(their other terminal), I could learn to deal with the "creepy cargo".

6. geargrinder

geargrinder Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2006
    More than likely waiting.
    No. I left them a while ago. When I told them I was leaving rather than going to flatbed they decided I was a keeper. By that time I had made my mind up to leave. I went to a competitor ;-)

7. banjer picker

banjer picker Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Cookeville,TN
    Can anybody give any newer info on Falcon? :smt102 Before I talk to em' it'd be nice hear some opinions.

Do they treat the drivers ok? Do they atleast try to live up to their hometime policy?

Stay Safe

8. ctramok

ctramok Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Port Huron, MI
    banjer picker, I have been with Falcon for a year. The Pluses: The bennies are good, bc/bs, dental, vision, scripts. They offer diff. grads of the ins. pkg. Top of the line for them will cost you about $36/wk. with wife I believe $58/wk. Direct deposit too. Settlement sheets can be e-mailed to you also.
    I dont do flatbed but they are going strong, all the freight you could ask for.
    I am in the automotive division delivering to GM from Detroit to Texas. Good weekly run. Pay is moderate to good. If you are a good driver that doesn't get lost and you deliver and pick up "early on time" all the time like I do, then the dispatchers are great. They don't bother you if you REALLY know your job. They are all very nice people as far as I am concerned. They are short handed right now and need good drivers. If you can go to Canada they love you. They will pay for your fast card, dot exam, one shower a day(i use frequent fueler cards). trucks in my opinion are just what they are a "13 letter manure spreader" INTERNATIONAL, not in the best shape.
    I think the automatics really suck. all trucks turned down to 62-64 mph. You might even have to clean an assigned truck out, but if you send them a write up on what you cleaned, they will pay you an honest amount for cleaning. I was given $100 for cleaning a truck I was assigned to(with a good write up). The loads all seem to have ample time to deliver and pick up. Home time is very good. I go out 7-14 days and have 2-5 off when I return. Depends on automotive delivery schedule. But 10-14 days out pays around $1,200-$1,400. Loads are not really forced either, most time they will give you an option. at least they did for me.

The CONS: Number one, you gotta watch what they are paying you, they dont do it intentionally,but their software will short you or sometimes not pay you for a load. So a call to your driver manager or accounting usually solves the problem. I have never not been paid for a load.
    They want you to go to Canada.
    You must keep the truck at the yard(no take homes).
    Until they know if you can deliver or not expect alot of short runs.
    They always need help around Buffalo, NY yard. Take what ever they have and you will be running longer and stronger.
    Dedicated automotive runs, you WILL BE WAITING ALOT, dont let anyone kid you. 98% of wait time will not be paid to you(if its not in the contract you dont get any lay over). Hardest part is to be patient waiting for the auto. fools to unload you(not Falcons fault).
    I wont train, they dont pay enough and the trucks are waaay tooooooo small for 2 guys!
    All in all I think a pretty good company to work for.
    Long winded, but hope that helps you with your decision.

cjwatson1972 Thanks this.
  9. banjer picker

Jun 4, 2010
    Cookeville,TN

ctramok,

Thanks a bunch. My only concern is where I live near Nashville. We do have a lot of automotive suppliers in middle TN and Nissan has assembly and engine and, and, and, but Saturn plant is not runnin anything now. I need to check where Falcon's nearest terminal is. We have an elder care issue right now that will keep me from goin' out till who knows when so things could change (like Saturn plant gettin some other vehicle). Falcon is up at the top of my list though, so I really appreciate the info and may PM you for a email address for the time I start talkin to a recruiter. I always say I won't ever believe more than half of what a recruiter tells me because the last time I did instead of tanning and drillin in Hawaii for two years I ended up droppin into Grenada gettin shot at by Cubans then Panama gettin shot at by "our allies" in Panama. :smt067 :smt012

Stay Safe

10. ctramok

ctramok Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Port Huron, MI
    You can check out Falcons website www.falcontransport.com for terminal locations.
    They also have an on line app. I believe.

11. banjer picker

Jun 4, 2010
    Cookeville,TN

yessir, thanks again-found that after last 'conversation'

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.