Fate of the Crete driver from FLA

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    Aren't all messages on the q-comm automatically recorded?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Your right on all accounts.I know this will make someone mad but if parents would not let thier kids drive Illigal there would be less of them in wrecks.IMO it should be 21 yrs.old for license.But Insurance co,s would lose lots of money then.

4. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    Just a few weeks ago on my local news, a 16 year old kid learning to drive with his father, somehow jumped a curb and ran through the window of a store. Thank God no-one was hurt or killed. In the area where I live...2 years ago...there were 5 kids killed in 3 seperate 1 car accidents within a 3 month span. Speed was involved in all 3.

5. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    Yes they are.

6. rixcamp

rixcamp Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    Qualcomm messages are kept at qualcomm's headquarters in San Diego for 7 years. They can be retrieved for legal purposes, and can be considered legal proof of communication.

7. rixcamp

rixcamp Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    Highballin, and Pawpaw, you guys made GOOD POINTS there!

pawpaw and Highballin Thank this.
  8. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    I was driving a few years before 21 but it was on a very big rice farm.Kids now days are driving on the highway with no common sence.When they get their licence the parents buy them anything they want most of the time it has lots of H.P.

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It all depends on the state. In Florida, as the law read 5 yrs ago, both parties must give consent to have the conversation recorded. I know, because I had an ops manager giving me crap, so I decided to 'get it on tape' and take it to his supervisor. But first I e-mailed the states attorney asking for the proper way to do it legally. She said that under no circumstances are individuals allowed to tape a conversation without the consent from all parties involved. Law enforcement is a different matter, they only have to get wire tap warrants which requires probable cause.

I am not sure what the laws are in other states, but in Fla, thats how it works.

And the 'killer' comments I was referring to were mostly over the CB.

10. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

Yes. But I know they have been erased in the past. Back in 2000. I have not worked for a company with it since. I think Logs said that there are now permanent records there.

11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Management is not to blame, the dispatcher in this case took it upon himself to push. I work for Crete, I've been there since before the wreck... One option all drivers here have is the word 'safety'. If any dispatcher or planner is trying to push you beyond what 'you' feel is safe, you tell them no, if they continue to push...call safety. Safety will resolve the issue. But this may not keep you off the s### list for that dispatcher, but I would rather have that, than face having to live with causing a wreck that injured or killed someone, not to mention prison.

pawpaw Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.