FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    Exactly home weekly isn't good unless your dedicated making multiple stops. I grossed around $65k 2021 2500 miles average $30 every stop. If he was taking the per diem though he might have extra on his check weekly.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Not true. I average around 3150 overall year round and am home weekends. Not all companies are the same, not all drivers are the same.

cdavis188, runningman0661 and rokue Thank this.
  4. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Ok... my first full year here as a company driver I grossed over 88K...all about the DM you have, your relationship with said DM & your knowledge of operations as it pertains to the company your with i.e. when and where the ideal places to be are with respect to your own situation as far as where you live and the days you want to be home, and communicating that to your DM.... key word communication! And if he/she isn't a fit, fire their ###!!.... it ain't brain surgery.... but what do I know, I signed one of those "fleece purchases " that nobody could possibly be successful in!!

5. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    FCC has the potential just depends on which dm he has and how his work ethic is that is true before switching to o/o this year so far grossed $78k if I stayed company I would have grossed $88 keasily. @cdavis188 work it out with your dm.

6. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    IMG_1420.jpeg IMG_1419.jpeg

Had an unpleasant surprise on Thanksgiving. Went to the truck to grab my toothbrush and found a lake of oil under the truck. The drain valve was dripping. Apparently it wasn’t closed tight in CB. My understanding is those really shouldn’t be able to work themselves loose. Played with it a bit and got it closed up. It doesn’t seem to be in a tremendously different position than it was but it isn’t dripping any more.
    Didn’t have a lot of options for oil dry so bought 70 pounds of kitty litter at the grocery store to contain the mess.
    Day after Thanksgiving I bought 5 gallons of oil and topped it up then moved it over one spot so I could be sure over the rest of the weekend that it was not leaking.
    I’m keeping an eye on it, ran 600 miles today and it has not lost any more.

7. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    As far as miles go, I have averaged about 2789 a week so far. I started out Midwest regional home every week and switched to longhaul mostly so I could be home several days at a time rather than just having 34+ hours every weekend. I’m probably insufficiently motivated and take too many days off to be a real hero. (Also I was getting bleeping sick of running I-80 across Iowa, a little variety is nice).

8. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    So truck so far doing great it has it's quirks going to get new rubber likely either Firestone or Chinese, and have some new shocks put on, and a alignment hopefully Thursday morning. I'd also like to get out to Pa to get that Apu installed soon since I don't like idling much and the engine doesn't either since it has already high idle hours.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  9. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    I’ve noticed an absence of APU’s on the newest Cascadia’s the company has gotten

rokue Thanks this.
  10. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    I’m considering going back OTR for mainly that reason. I like being home every weekend, I really do, but I also love it when I can take 5-7 days off in a row after working for a month. I just need to weigh the pros and cons of going back OTR. I’m also not doing it in this truck. Living in a midroof with a tiny fridge for several weeks = no bueno. I’m going to wait to see what new truck I get before I make any decisions. I suspect they’re going to run this truck to 500k, which means I’m about 6 months away from being assigned a new truck.

dwells40, rokue and DonRobbie Thank this.
  11. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    They are getting apus but for now they have opti-idle on the ones they haven't gotten a Apu in for there are parts on backorder thanks to gm or so a mechanic said so eventually they will install a Apu on them or if the opti idle works good maybe they just use that.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.