FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Exactly! And being home weekends, you have got to burn your 11 every day to be as productive as possible before you head home

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Like sleeping with reefer unit. But probably something drivers get used to eventually.

M22 rockcrusher, dwells40 and rokue Thank this.
  4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    For roughly 10 years I had a regional job based in Western MT with “weekends” at home. About the only time we didn’t leave on Sunday was if something happened and we didn’t get in until Saturday morning or we were unloading within an hour of our yard. Other than that we always tried to be sitting at our delivery first thing Monday morning, whether that was SLC or Boise or only a couple hours from our yard. I was never thrilled about leaving home at dinner time on Sunday night to drive down and sleep in the truck in Salmon ID but we did it because it put us back to Missoula for a reload by 9am instead of mid day and we could make it down to UT Monday night before our hours ran out.

5. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I was boomin across 80 outta Lincoln, thru Omaha and into Des Moines and it was FCC city both directions. It got me thinking, I haven’t seen an FCC flatbed in quite awhile, is that still a division or did they let that go?

6. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    I do agree with what you say. But there’s also been a couple times where I pick up a load before the weekend that has an appointment time set for Tuesday morning. I can get to Dallas in 7 hours or so from town. So there isn’t much I can do when it comes to that. I have noticed though that my miles tend to be a lot better if I leave on a Sunday afternoon than sometime Monday. For instance, I had a 10 am appointment on Monday morning this week, so I left about 2 pm Sunday afternoon. I already have 2,084 miles on my trip odometer for this week, another 440 miles today until I drop, plus whatever they have planned for this evening or tomorrow.

Regarding running out my clock everyday, I usually try if I can but live loading/unloading plus whatever else can throw a wrench in that plan. More often than not, I’m working against my 14, not my 11. I also take a lot of split sleepers because there’s certain times of the day where I refuse to be on the roads in the Metroplex unless absolutely necessary, or to avoid other known major traffic problems.

wulfman75, DonRobbie, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    That's where you need to ne communicating with your DM! If you're picking up a load that short before the weekend that doesn't deliver till Tuesday That's a problem!... now S happens sometimes, especially around holidays, but if that's happening under normal Circumstances if you don't fix it they'll think you're OK with it. Gotta look out for yourself out here and speak up!

8. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    They are still working as far as I know I was just in Fremont they have some loaded dropped trailers.

cdavis188 Thanks this.
  9. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    It’s still here, but they are pretty slow, so the guys that want to are pulling vans.

10. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    New rubber yes I did go with a Vietnamese/Chinese tire but the deal is better than what I can get for American. It's similar to the hankook tires so if it'll last as long as one of those I'll be happy. $309 a tire at sapps.

Attached Files:

dwells40 Thanks this.
  11. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    You get what you pay for. Chinese tires are crap. That’s why they’re cheaper

rokue Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.