FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    This EFS issue was a slight headache. More of a waste of time and light frustration.

Got our price for fuel times the 175 max (I was almost MT so I knew I’d max out) but the cashier rang it up as $5.45 and not $545 so that voided that check somehow. Jennifer issues me another Check Code but when I fueled it charges retail pump pricing and not our pricing so I came up short of the 175 gallon daily max. Then I needed a cash advance so that was another check. Took an hour to get fuel. Then headed to the yard. Was going to top off DEF at our yard, but forgot that requires the EFS Card to start the pumps and they refused to accept a check LOL I have enough so not a huge deal.

Then I send my empty call and my new fuel solution has me fueling up just four hours down the road in Salina. But that would be yet another EFS Check for only 30 gallons due to the daily max. So I skipped it and will request a new option further down the road today.

Did someone else here have their card screwed up recently? Do they have to get us back to Fremont to issue a new card or were they able to fix it on the fly?

cdavis188 and M22 rockcrusher Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    I haven't but I was assured by @BigR that you can.

4. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Heading back out this morning instead of Monday. Not particularly ideal but I agreed with it based on feedback I got here. I got back into town Friday morning though so going out Sunday morning does make sense. Going out to Plainview, TX to drop a load this evening and then wait for my reload tomorrow.

5. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    Yeah see if you get better mileage that way. Home for 34 hours and back out again is the way to make the money.

6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Not the best lifestyle.
    And yet, here we all are.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  7. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    I’ve given a lot of thought about going back OTR again and I’m still kind of on the fence about it. But I’m leaning more towards just staying put on this fleet. The money still isn’t bad and I don’t have to be out for weeks at a time in who knows where. Probably one of the most important reasons are to stay closer to home if something should happen to either myself or family, and I can eat a lot healthier since I’m only in the truck for 4-5 nights a week.

8. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Yes I had some attempts on my card they said. Wanted me to call before trying to use the card said they would turn it back on to get fuel. Then they changed their mind and wanted me to use a efs I said no and to turn the card on and monitor it. But I'm on s/w division and get bye the terminal weekly.

9. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    And also the whole ‘having a life’ thing is important as well. I routinely go to my great Aunts house to play cards most weekends plus other stuff I simply couldn’t do when I was OTR

10. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Yes you can

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  11. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    I feel ya….I left NYC at midnight on Friday. I took my 1/2 hr about 20 miles from delivery, at the Petro in Kenly NC… (had 7 minutes left on the 8hr clock)
    You couldn’t even be close to that during the day. I HATE driving nights but sometimes it’s the lesser of two evils… I was south of Richmond by 6am….

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.