FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Got my next load from Aurora to Columbia, SC. I sent a message to dispatch saying that I may not be able to do that load since I'm supposed to be home on Monday.

YardMule89 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Right as I sent that Andrew called me for some corrections. I will pick up the Columbia, SC load as planned this evening and meet another driver at the TA in Mount Vernon, IL tomorrow. I will take his load to Plano, IL for a Friday morning delivery, then they will start routing me home from there.

YardMule89, Bumper and runningman0661 Thank this.
  4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Doing my post trip in Tucumcari, I notice a blown front shock. Waiting to get in and get both front shocks replaced.Thanks Arizona! FPB

5. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    It’s good you have Andrew. In my view he’s the best there.

cdavis188 Thanks this.
  6. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Well,,night shift wasn't able to fix everything last night after I got my alignment done, so I stayed the night In Fremont put the truck back in the shop at 6am. By noon they had it out, BUT.... they couldn't fix everything, gotta go to freightliner to have a module replaced, it's all warranty stuff, but it'll be a couple days at least ( I'd be shocked if they get it done this week) fortunately Mike was able to get me in a loaner. Certainly makes me appreciate my truck more, but it beats sitting. Pretty cool FCC does this at no charge to lease/Ops. Now if I can just figure out how everything works in this #### peterbuilt lol. Also it's an automatic, so I keep feeling around for my gearshift, and I'm missing a pedal!!

7. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Those 579's are a lot less ergonomic that's for sure. When I was with my trainer at my last company it legit took me like 10 minutes to figure out where all the exterior and interior buttons were and what they did. I swear they were just placed randomly.

Bumper Thanks this.
  8. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Gotta just run local up here KC/NE area the rest of the week in case they get it done, if not I'll head home Saturday with something to deliver down south Monday then reload for back up here and stay in the area till its done

Bumper Thanks this.
  9. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Well at least that's one less thing I have to worry about, those got replaced with the 150K service. I've been following the same service intervals FCC does with their trucks, with a few minor mileage adjustments on things that make more sense for me. I do my own grease jobs, which saves a little money and isn't to bad since I'm home on weekends. The rest I try to schedule through of of their shops since their cheaper on labor and already have most things in stock. Again this is easier running sw regional since I'm through NE every week usually. I just let my DM know in advance which shop I'm wanting to hit and when so she can get me as close as possible. Been working out pretty good.

Bumper Thanks this.
  10. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Yeah I hate the way things are set up on this thing. Sure miss my freightshaker

Bumper Thanks this.
  11. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    I'd say the same about mine, Tammy is great! I've talked to multiple drivers that don't like her, but when they changed on me once, after 3-4 weeks I called Eric and got her back. I guess everyone is different, I like a DM that'll get to know me and the way I like to run, and plan me that way so that I seldom have to call. And when I do I like someone with a sense of humor, not a robot. I've heard guys complain that Tammy runs them too hard. Personally, that's what I want, I don't leave the house to sit around. I guess everyone's different though

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.