FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Higgins at Abilene was the best one I have ever run across. He might ask you to do a crappy run, but when he said he would take care of you afterwards, he did. IMO, when he passed, the company just went downhill. My current company dispatch and right on up to the top are all a bunch of (well, I can’t say those words on here). Lie through their teeth, talk to you like you’re dirt and stupid, and expect you to just say, “Thank you.” Needless to say, I try not to talk to them too much because, well, my mouth tends to get me in trouble. Family oriented? My hind leg. Maybe the office folks families. Home for 48 hours a week? More like 34. I’m just biding my time until my 2nd grandchild is born in August and my DIL goes back to work in November. Then I’m outta there. Until then, I’m running hard to get ahead in the bills as best I can so I don’t have to worry.

gntorres61, runningman0661 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    And Higgins was the last true trucking company operations person they hired. These kids today? Useless. RIP Don, you surely are missed. Sorry to hijack the thread, let’s get back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

4. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    You as well. Sorry I wasn't able to grab dinner with you yesterday. Maybe next time. Where are you heading off to next?

gntorres61 Thanks this.
  5. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    FCC apparently traded in that old Buick. Our company vehicles consist of 2 shaggin wagons, a Malibu, and an Impala. Drove the Impala to Omaha to do shopping and there's a ton of leg room in that thing, even for me being 6'9

6. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    When it rains it pours.... was taking that Aberdeen, MD load to KC, then getting one there to take home tomorrow. Truck had other ideas. Started throwing a code for aftertreatment system problems, then as soon as a got on the other side of St. Louis it started derating and cut me back to 55, I limped into the Freightliner dealer in Foristell and naturally they can't look at it till Monday! FML

gntorres61 and bzinger Thank this.
  7. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Council Bluffs to South Carolina for Monday

bzinger, cdavis188 and ncmickey Thank this.
  8. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Ugh, been there done that with after treatment BS.

gntorres61, bzinger and BigR Thank this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    This emissions crap is the worst garbage ever put on these trucks..causes more grief then i think everything else combined on a truck these days.

bzinger, runningman0661 and BigR Thank this.
  10. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    I'm just praying it's something they have in stock and can actually fix and get me out of here on Monday. Matt thinks it's a sensor, and I got it in here as soon as it started cutting power to 55, and the red stop light hasn't come on yet so fingers crossed

bzinger, dwells40 and runningman0661 Thank this.
  11. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    The only good thing is the service writer said since FCC is on account with them I can park outside the gate at night and stay with the truck, they have nice showers here, so that'll save a lot on hotel bills. And since I'm still trying to get over the flu I'd rather stay in my truck anyhow.

gntorres61, bzinger, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.