FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Are you parked at the TA down the street until Monday?

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Nope, outside the gate at Freightliner, they were fine with it, so I'll check in with the morning crew tomorrow and let em know I'm still here just in case they can get to it. They got clean showers and restrooms here, nice facilities, would rather be here than a truck stop. There closed Sunday, so I'll probably go down the street then.

4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I’ll be coming by there tomorrow, do you need anything?

5. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Long story short, my ####### forgot my wallet at home but my roommates girlfriend is a great person and drove 3.5 hours up to Fremont to get it to me.

Got all the services on my truck done and I'll be pulling out of Fremont tomorrow and hoping to get into Ohio on the turnpike by evening. I'll be delivering to Cato, NY just west of Syracuse for 8 am Monday morning. I haven't been to upstate NY since my Schneider days, and I'm excited to go back. That part of New York is really pretty.

6. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    I appreciate that brother, but no I should be good now. I bobtailed down the road a few miles to a Walmart earlier. Stayed on the service street since I can't do over 55 lol. I always thought I carried a ton of crap in here, but being home every week for at least a 34 is a LOT different! Didn't take me long to realize I was gonna need socks, underwear, shirts, and bath towels, lesson learned!!!... thanks again buddy, very nice of you to offer. Honk when ya go by, I'm sure I'll probably still be out front. I should send them a bill for providing overnight security lol

7. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Wow! She really is a good lady! Somebody's got a dinner owed now lol... I think we've all done something like that. I remember a long time ago when I was doing Foodservice I stayed at a motel in a truckstop on 29 north of st. Joe. When I checked in they forgot to give me back my license and somehow I didn't notice, I got all the way back to Oklahoma and realized it. Think I spent my one day off down at DPS getting it replaced, a week later it showed up in the mail lol, thank God I didn't get pulled into the scale that trip.... so yeah, stupid crap happens to everybody buddy

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Just getting caught up on the thread and came across this. As RM said, many people struggle with this issue. I too have a daughter that’s not currently talking to me and had a similar issue (hospice and family not talking) that touched my wife’s family.

it’s not easy but you aren’t alone
    (NOT saying it doesn’t suck)

if you need to vent or ramble or just talk, I’m sure many of us would be willing to listen.

prayers. (and crying is ok too)

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Prayers. (I have no words.)

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Amen, we can sit out here and comment about DMs not having driving experience etc (which can be an issue) but that job is NOT one that many of us could juggle.

When I was in a Green Truck I had what I thought were decent DMs (with my limits experience) but even then I knew there were better ones out there.

Then came here and got Ben and it was then I saw what a great DM could do (with the structure of FCC behind them)

I know I would fail for sure. LOL

11. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Well I finally got some good news for a change. I got up this morning and went in just for sheets and giggles to check in and see if they might be able to look at my truck today, and the service writer actually said yes, as soon as my tech is done with the one he's working on he'll pull it in!!...yesterday the lady told me Monday so this was really good news, ended up being a sensor that needed replaced like I figured, then they had to plug it in and do and do basically forced regens the way I understood it, anyhow it's all fixed no more codes or derating, and it was covered by warranty, hanging out in front of their gate till 1:30 in the morning when I'll have a 34 in. Then I'll go drop this load in KC, pick one up there and head up to Waverly to drop in the morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.