FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Man, and I thought red was hard to keep clean lol, that will look pretty cool though.... till they get dirty

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Dude I like a Freightliner. Everyone I’ve been issued has been a good riding, quiet truck and plenty of room and storage in the sleeper. If it doesn’t have all that beeping lane departure and adaptive cruise all the better. I drive a 2023 Pete 389 now, and it has its fair share of squeaks and rattles. And when the wind gets cranking like it often does in Kansas, there’s a fun high pitched whistle sound around the window that I can’t exactly find from where. Plus anytime I need a part or anything it always seems to be on back order. But that might be the supply chain across the board, so I ought not complain about that too much.

4. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Hey runningman, I'm thinking about looking for a sign company that can change out the sinage on my truck, put my LLC on the doors and move FCC'S info to the sleeper. The only thing I'd have to add is, operated by, above FCC correct?

5. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    I don't really like the midroof I have, mainly because I'm not able to stand up straight and overall have a hard time moving around in it. All other Cascadia's I had were high roofs. I specifically asked for a Freightliner at Magnum because the truck I did my road test in was a midroof 579, and I thought they were all like that. If I were in a condo Freightliner, I'd be a lot more happy.

The second reason why I don't want another Cascadia is that I'm tired of me and my belongings getting banged around and thrown everywhere. This is not a nice riding truck. KW's are like the Lincoln Town Car of the highway, which I actually own. Even my trainers 579 rode a lot better than any Freightshaker I've had. I'd happily sacrifice storage space for some semblance of good ride quality.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    dwells40, gntorres61 and BigR Thank this.
  6. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    I'm pretty sure they are all condos now, though I could be wrong. Mine was a Sept 2020 2021 model condo, somebody told me once that from that point on they were only ordering condos, but I don't know for sure. I'm pretty sure all the brand new ones I've seen waiting in Fremont the last couple years have been condos I believe.... does yours have front air bags or springs? Mine has front air bags ( I think they all do from that point on), it took some getting used to, but its a nice ride. I have no complaints with the ride at all, just the crap roads we have to drive on!!

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  7. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK

8. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    No idea why it posted the same message back to back, but won't let me delete it. Sorry for that 15 seconds of your lives you'll never get back lol

gntorres61 Thanks this.
  9. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Tim mentioned last year that they would transition to all condos. The price difference was negligible and it helps resale as well as driver happiness.

bzinger, BigR and runningman0661 Thank this.
  10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I meant the doughnuts… lol

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I remember that comment. And something about the aerodynamics actually help gas mileage too or something. Seems like a win all the way around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.