FedEx CEO Says Global Recession Coming

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Waterman_99, Sep 16, 2022.

1. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    i mentioned something about SHINEY happy people and how i would like to see more of them around the world. i still mean it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. basedinMN_

basedinMN_ Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    Bush didn't lower rates, to be clear. We're mixing fiscal and monetary discussions a little bit. He, like Obama and Trump, ran deficits while the economy was growing. Eras when they should have been raising taxes and cutting spending, which is what you or I or any business with an eye to a rainy day would do. In my view, all three administrations were enabled by the Fed's obsession with slashing rates every time the economy coughed and then keeping rates low for way too long. Our politicians couldn't help themselves.

The worst, by far, was the post COVID spending. The economy had v-shaped back into a growth cycle by Q3 of 2020 but the Fed kept rates at zero and the Trump administration dumped another $6 trillion in stimulus spending onto the debt. Bonkers.

I could be wrong, but I think our leaders are compulsive. If they can't control their spending, then the Fed has to be the grown up and price them out of bad behavior. We will pay something like $500b on interest payments from a $5t pie this year. Evidently burning 10% of our income to pay the interest on our credit card bill is not a bad enough sting, as we will still dump another $1 trillion onto the principal. It's gotta stop. How bad will it have to sting, I don't know, but we're not there yet.

4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Mortgage rates are on a rocket to the moon.
    House prices are gonna crash soon.

5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Lake Alfred, Florida
    As bad as the Great Depression was, and all worldwide catastrophic events prior to the Great Depression,
    nothing is worse than what is prophecied to come worldwide.

Benevolent Joseph is not going to control the necessary goods this time. A Sadistic Megalomaniac is. So much control, that the Mark of the Beast will be imposed pertaining to commerce.

No populus of a country ever realizes just how quickly things can and do change. Even though there are clear examples throughout history. Even recent history.

America may well have set itself up for the greatest fall of all.

6. ColoradoLinehaul

ColoradoLinehaul Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2021
    Colorado
    So what?

Food and good still needs to be delivered. Trucks will still be required to deliver them.

Some of the bottom feeders will be laid off. The rest of us will keep right on trucking.

7. pene

pene Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2022

8. pene

pene Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2022
    America is not mentioned in the Bible. Something happens to us. All great empires of the past have fallen and America has seen its better days are time is coming. Not enough to stand up and fight for freedom anymore. Just a slippery slide into being irrelevant.

9. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Until I will see prices for cars mark ups go away, and product will be selling for same price like it was in 2019 I will not gonna believe any of this nonsense.
    Cause if there is a recession then people buying less, and companies have to reduce price , not another way around. Like it was in 2008 when you could by brand new Corolla for
    12 000$
    Or a house for 200k pretty much anywhere in a country except Cali and NYC

10. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    This is what happens when "we" minions rise up and complain about our oppressors. Those being the gooberment and big business...they are draining our bank accounts every way possible. Why? So you'll #### and go back to work so they can get back to their circle jerk.

I'm teaching my kids to keep an eye on things like BABA, trading at stooopid low prices...not to mention high yield dividend stocks. Crypto is on hold for now until the powers that be, get that pill swallowed. Elitists are scrambling hard to keep control of the currency. That's why they are draining our bank accounts. How? Higher prices for everything and every excuse under the sun why it HAS to be this way.

road_runner Thanks this.
  11. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    All fiat currencies have a lifespan and we are at the end of the American fiat currency.
    Right now the dollar is the best looking horse in the glue factory and soon the world will loose confidence in it.
    If you don't know what derivatives are do some research. They are connected to every financial instrument including bank accounts
    Remember these words IF YOU DON'T HOLD IT YOU DON'T OWN IT
    When the dollar collapses the WEF will institute their great reset.
    What can you do for the best chance to survive it.
    Get out of debt.
    Have some cash and food to get through the transition.
    Have hard assets like gold, silver and land.

pene, AModelCat and Waterman_99 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.