Fedex Freight, I recommend them even if you are a newer driver.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by SmoothTrucker23, Dec 21, 2018.

1. SmoothTrucker23

SmoothTrucker23 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Exactly what my manager told me.. Come in here, Do your job, Dont complain and stay under the radar and you will be just fine.. Thats exactly what im in there to do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Robert Eroica Dupea

Robert Eroica Dupea Light Load Member

That's the perfect attitude, right there. Kudos, sir.

SmoothTrucker23 Thanks this.
  4. SmoothTrucker23

Jan 23, 2018
    Thank you man!

5. DrummingTrucker

DrummingTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Lol Good Luck!! You weren't there during the American Freightway days. My father was a FXFE Road driver for 20 yrs. Only missed 4 days his whole career there, did his job, came in on his vacation to cover runs to make the numbers loom good..never had one single accident, complaint, write up etc. Brakes locked up on his lead pup going down the road and caused him to lay the set over. Mind you went to court, had all charges dropped because they found out it was trailer malfunction that caused the wreck. Not once did any member or terminal manager call at any time to check on him. He quit the company and retired as soon as he was well from the injuries he sustained. FedEx cares about FedEx. Not drivers!! Another example, another driver who had been there 25yrs President safety team member, had a heart attack at his meet point. They called him while in hospital telling him he had to come back. Again, not once..no concern, no empthay just hurry up and make our qouta look good. Better not blink too many more times!!

CorsairFanboy and BigDog Trucker Thank this.
  6. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    IN 30 years from now you’ll wish you would’ve stayed at UPSF

LtlAnonymous and DrummingTrucker Thank this.
  7. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    When I was with freight, thats all you ever heard 'pension and benefits'. After the contract negotiations and seeing how yhe co pany operated, I determined it wasnt worth the pension and benefits.

SmoothTrucker23 Thanks this.
  8. SmoothTrucker23

Jan 23, 2018
    Dont plan on working for another 30 years hahahaha

9. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    You're probably thinking of the contracted out fed ex ground.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  10. dieselViking

dieselViking Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Massachusetts

As a FedEx ground contractor, that is an inaccurate statement. FedEx will only let us hire someone with a minimum of 6 months experience ONLY IF they have a certificate from a FedEx approved driving school. Otherwise without that cert. It's a 1 year requirement.

I do know of instances where people have lied about thier experience and a previous employer lied for them as well allowing them to slip through the cracks. But the FedEx ground hiring process is by no means quick and easy. It can take weeks just to pass the background checks.

11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Fed Ex Ground has done a complete 180 in the last three years. They were having multi fatality wrecks every month and finally a few years ago they went through the I-5 median in California and hit a charter bus head on.

I pass Ground trucks daily in my travels and I’m governed at 69 mph. Don’t see near as much aggressive driving and boneheaded moves from them anymore.

Seems like the latest bunch of angry miserable drivers is XPO LTL. Those guys are ANGRY af!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.