Felony & being on Parole automatically mean no job?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bsrlinmaz, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Like another poster said, (sorry, way back) killing someone, and not accidentally or in times of war or self defense, is probably the most intense thing a human can do to another human. In my life, there's been several times I was upset with someone, but never for a minute thought of killing them. Can people turn themselves around and be productive in today's society? Perhaps, but the fact they did it once, means it's in there, and could be unleashed again, given the right circumstances. What would it take? A 4 wheeler cutting them off at the end of a long day? A receiver refusing their load? Just a really tough call, and I'd have a hard time living with myself, if I gave this person another chance, and they repeated the crime.

FatDaddy and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4268698]Like another poster said, (sorry, way back) killing someone, and not accidentally or in times of war or self defense, is probably the most intense thing a human can do to another human. In my life, there's been several times I was upset with someone, but never for a minute thought of killing them. [/QUOTE]
    Slacker!!!

4. Mtn. Dew

Mtn. Dew Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2013
    GA
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4268698]Like another poster said, (sorry, way back) killing someone, and not accidentally or in times of war or self defense, is probably the most intense thing a human can do to another human. In my life, there's been several times I was upset with someone, but never for a minute thought of killing them. Can people turn themselves around and be productive in today's society? Perhaps, but the fact they did it once, means it's in there, and could be unleashed again, given the right circumstances. What would it take? A 4 wheeler cutting them off at the end of a long day? A receiver refusing their load? Just a really tough call, and I'd have a hard time living with myself, if I gave this person another chance, and they repeated the crime? [/QUOTE] Why would you feel that way? What if this guy never gets another chance to be a human that contributes a lot to society.? Would holding him down make you feel better? If he choses to do wrong, couldn't you live with yourself for trying to do the right thing anyway? IF you treated me that way, I would just scratch you off of the list and find a better boss to work for anyway. I love my boss for giving me a chance. I will do anything he askes for, he is a good person and would never ask me to do anything absurd. He has been an inspiration to me. He has outstanding character and I am grateful him, and grateful for GOD that lead me to him.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  5. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4268698]Like another poster said, (sorry, way back) killing someone, and not accidentally or in times of war or self defense, is probably the most intense thing a human can do to another human. In my life, there's been several times I was upset with someone, but never for a minute thought of killing them. Can people turn themselves around and be productive in today's society? Perhaps, but the fact they did it once, means it's in there, and could be unleashed again, given the right circumstances. What would it take? A 4 wheeler cutting them off at the end of a long day? A receiver refusing their load? Just a really tough call, and I'd have a hard time living with myself, if I gave this person another chance, and they repeated the crime.[/QUOTE]

We know VERY little of the circumstances......of an incident that happened in 1989. 1989!!!! He has not re-offended since; is apparently making every effort to be a productive member of society. And yet............some still want to hold him back. We are a nation of laws.....and he has been run through that system.....and STILL has to live every day with what happened in '89. I say KUDOS if this IS a success story........because all TOO OFTEN we hear the reverse. And I also say......watch what we say.....because regardless of how we see ourselves as pure as the driven snow.......THERE but by the grace of God go I.

Additionally........think about this: we have people who both recently and currently serve as "leaders"...elected or appointed official in our great land who have done or condoned far worse. Do we REALLY need to keep stepping on this guy's head??

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I worked for a, now defunct, flatbed company and probably 99% of the drivers were ex-cons or parolees. The whole spectrum of crimes commited, including murder. I liked every one of them; cool, laid back types. Saw one in a truckstop awhile back that went back to prison again while I was working with him; did a few more years, and now back running the interstates. He's a funny guy; we were both headed to California one time from Tennessee and near Greely, CO he picked up a hitchhiker. Let the hitchhiker out later and then we stopped for coffee. He showed me a gold necklace he was wearing & bought from the hitchhiker and was bragging about how cheap he got it. Said he felt guilty because he took advantage of the hitchhiker. By the time we got to California, his neck was green from the fake gold. I razzed him about that for a long time & told him he should give it to his girl friend to impress her...lol.

Yes, we had to run I-70 to Denver, before anyone fusses at me.

7. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    Our judicial system has determined that this person has paid his debt to society and can live a free life. He wants to contribute something to society and earn a honest living, but some of you seem to think he shouldn't be allowed to do this.

So would you rather our tax dollars support him through welfare, or him earn a living through a life of crime; selling drugs, etc?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    I'm talking about murder....not some other felony where you can pay restitution. You cannot take back the life you took so you don't deserve to have a life.

You are right. We know veryi little. All I know is the OP said he's gonna be be blunt. What he didn't say was that it was an accident of that he regrets it. I am going to assume the worst based off that. If that makes me a bad person than so be it

"semi" retired Thanks this.
  9. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    Nope; not bad...........just another person determined that they are holier than the rest of the great unwashed. So be it.

10. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Weird how I shouldn't judge OP but you're able to make that judgement about me.

"semi" retired Thanks this.
  11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Withdrawn already stated too many times. But given the right circumstance this could be most any of us.

Next time you think about putting a weapon ( Gun, Large knife, ballbat, etc...) into your sleeper, think of this. By putting a weapon into your sleeper that can be taken as premeditation to a crime, which could be as simple as defending yourself.

SMTatham and The Challenger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.