Finally Got A Raise

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by MooneyBravo, Feb 27, 2023.

1. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Not sure what the rest of you are making but April 1, 2023 will be 7 years since I signed on with Moore Transport. We finally got a new pay raise starting sometime in February. I'm currently at a 15 cent per mi raise for driver 3 -6 yrs. April 1, I will be at 20 cent raise.

Trips over 330 mi = $1.21 per mi
    330 or less= $1.55 per mi.
    Lordstown OH = $1.70 per mi.

Moore Transport has had to work out some issues but I think we are pointed in the right direction now. I was here for 6 months and was given a new truck. I still have that same truck. That was 6 and a 1/2 years ago. We were supposed to be getting some new trucks about a year ago but that got put on hold. I've heard we're not getting any new trucks until 2024.
    Not sure.

I made $78, 000 in reported income last year. With 15 cent raise it would have been $86,000.
    Not sure with a 20 cent raise. New driver up to 3 yrs make what I make minus the 20 cent raise.

Could I make more? Absolutely. I leave out Sun Morning returning Thursday afternoon and stay in paid hotels when out. I pretty much do the same runs every week.
    Toledo to Baltimore
    Baltimore to Louisville or Evansville and/or Paducah, KY
    Final Spring Hill to N Ohio

How are the rest of you making out?

Tall Mike and asphaltreptile311 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Now that Saturn is defunct
    What’s GM doing in Spring Hill?

4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I think several Carhaul companies were/are having issues. Some tried to grow with cheap freight and found out that experienced car haulers being paid a percentage of said cheap freight would not haul said cheap freight especially since there are plenty of other jobs paying in excesss of $100,000 that are easier than Carhaul. Fortunately those same carriers learned and when new contracts were bid elsewhere freight wasn’t bid cheap. To attract and retain experienced carhaulers they need to pay premium wages and the best way to do that is not with a race to bottom of the barrel rates.
    Regarding your pay, as long as you are happy I am happy but you asked the question so I will respond. None of the experienced carhaulers I speak with daily are making less than $100,000 with some in the $130,000 range but they are generally delivering 5+ loads a week home every other day or so. Most of the carhaulers I talk with are in their 40’s-60’s with 10-30 years of Carhauling experience. If your schedule and carrier is working for you then it may be better than more money elsewhere. I have been told that your carrier was a good place to work for most of those car haulers who I know that have worked there.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    Tall Mike and Hammer166 Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Making GM cars, I believe.

FallenStar Thanks this.
  6. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Is that pay for O/O?

7. MooneyBravo

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Acadia, XT-5, XT-6.

8. MooneyBravo

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Company Drivers

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  9. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    I did
    Is it easier to make more if you run OTR with Moore .

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  10. MooneyBravo

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Absolutely. Some guys squeeze in an extra run every week and make a killing. I used to leave out on Sunday mornings and get back late Friday afternoon and I made a lot more than I make now. But I also have something outside of the cab of my truck called "a life."

11. FallenStar

FallenStar Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    Lyriq too.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.