Food Advice for Poor Brand New Trucker ?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DARKNIGHTRUCKER, Jun 2, 2020.

1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    dollar tree. i ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a week once. bought chips, bread and the peanut butter and jelly at dollar tree for $20. got free refills at the the truck stop

meechyaboy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Until you can get a cooler or fridge , canned meat and canned fruit worked well for me. Plus it won’t make you fat.
    Quite a few times I had a can of tuna fish and a can of mandarin oranges for dinner
    That’s it. Straight out of The can mmm mmm

Concorde and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  4. DARKNIGHTRUCKER

DARKNIGHTRUCKER Light Load Member

May 3, 2020
    I'm already tired of canned tuna lol

austinmike Thanks this.
  5. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Eat cheap til you can Save up for a pressure canner. Then on your days off at home you can your food for your trips. No need to worry about paying for a fridge or inverter unless your truck comes with one and your making your own food you know what’s in it. Don’t need a microwave either pop the jar and eat. It will pay for itself cause you won’t be eating out. If I was going back OTR I’d do this.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @inandoutoftrouble eats balut; they're his favorite snack. He discovered this gourmet food in Philippines. Balut doesn't have to be cooked; can steam it if you're a wuss. Eat it right out of the shell. He keeps a Tupperware bowl full of them.
    ~
    A balut is a fertilized bird egg (usually a duck) which is incubated for a period of 14 to 21 days depending on the local culture and then boiled or steamed. The contents are eaten directly from the shell. Balut that is incubated for longer periods have a well-developed embryo and the features of the duckling are recognizable. The partially-developed embryo bones are soft enough to chew and swallow as a whole.
    [​IMG].[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  7. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @Chinatown
    Right On! How are you doing these days?

8. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Get a Crock-Pot or instapot. I can cook rice in mine, beans w/meat, etc. boil eggs for egg salad sandwiches. Just boil 12 eggs, sandwiches for days for the price of 12 eggs a loaf of bread and mayo + whatever you like.

Also buy those cooked chickens on display at the grocery store. Break them down into a baggie. Much better sandwiches than lunch meat crap. Also can make chicken salad out of them.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Great, enjoying the good life in Las Vegas/Henderson. Had planned to spend the summer in China, but the virus has that on hold. Two of my friends went to Philippines just before the virus hit. One of them was a seaman on an ammo ship in the Navy. The other was Air Force.

born&raisedintheusa and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    So thats where corona virus came from ....

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  11. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    My wife and I got out of there last year just in time for the coronapocalypse. That place has been locked down. Anybody who wants to go anywhere needs to get a pass, like a hall pass in school, from the town mayor. I'd have been arrested I think.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.