Freightliner M2 112 fuel tank and RPM question

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bowmonkey, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Bowmonkey

Bowmonkey Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2018
    I have a M2 112 chassis with Dynamax motorhome built on it. Wondering if someone would please share their expertise with me on a little of this learning curve? I have twin 50g fuel tanks...do these equalize while pumping fuel or do I need to fill both sides separately? Also, what is the highest, while still safe for the engine, RPM that I can go up to while driving uphill? Thank you so much for any advice you can share!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scorpiorias

scorpiorias Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Best way to know for sure is to check for a cross over pipe

4. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Or put 10 gallons in one side, fill the other, and idle for 30 minutes and stick both tanks.

The RPM limit is a question that should be answered by Freightliner. They might also be able to answer other questions about the truck if you provide a VIN.

5. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    If you are asking that, during a fuel fill up, will both tanks fill from one side. My guess is no, you will need to fill each tank separately. This should be covered in your owners/operating manuals.

Maximum engine RPM is dependent on you engine and transmission, the information should also be in the manuals.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.