Fuel island etiquette as a trucker.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mototom, Nov 30, 2021.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Like I said... all bets are off. :D

D.Tibbitt and Kyle G. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I'd just go park the truck before going in. Ya, I might have to take a few extra steps before I reach the store. But, I will survive.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i guess this is where i got lucky, in my final years. when the job i retired from, at first we had a fueling card. then shortly after that, they got an onsite fueling company. we still kept the fueling card, just in case we still needed fuel on the road, but we were all nightly drivers, home each morning..

so for me, i would still stop at the T/A on my way back, and get either coffee or soda, and a freshly cooked roller dog.

and to be honest, i did go thru the fuel island, and pulled up to the line, as to not block the islands and at 12 AM-1 AM, trying to find parking was, well, not easy. then i'd scoot away. (after i checked my 5th wheel too). at least, i showed enough common sense and respect, to not be an icehole and park, blocking the pumps.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    Reason for edit: spelling corrections
    austinmike, tscottme and Kyle G. Thank this.
  5. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I got no issue with that. Im guilty of hitting the line and running to avoid a hazmat spill...lmaoit just irritated me because if I see that much traffic I'd just go somewhere else but by the time I seen it was just jackeagons fighting for fuel it was too late I was stuck fast in the middle.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  6. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    If you commit to a single lane you take the risk of being trapped behind a douche that is camping. I sit back a bit giving me a choice but I’ll never cause issues behind me. There is a balance. Personally, I’d support no parking in front of the pumps at all guys are too lazy and inconsiderate for that privilege.

7. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Thanks, I always hate having to ask the guy up ahead to move up another 5 feet. Just leave a gap of 15 feet or so will do it.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The big chains need to build truck stops with 3 working fuel pumps, 100 inoperative fuel pumps, and three back-in parking spaces. That should give each type of truck driver what he needs. ;-)

9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    This will all fix itself with electric trucks. Back in, plug in, go to sleep and pull out 10 hours later fully charged (you and the truck).

Kyle G., austinmike and Boondock Thank this.
  10. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Drive for 237 miles, back in, plug in, charge/ recharge for 10 hours.... Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Oh...... wait..... we cant generate enough electricity to charge 2.5 million trucks every day. We will get pedal powered Rickshaw drivers to deliver freight.... Problem solved.

Pamela1990, Kyle G., Eldiablo and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Most of our electricity is generated from coal so I don't see how that would be considered a cleaner fuel source anyway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.