Georgia Welcome center I-95

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Moon_beam, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Every single day i question if maybe, just maybe i would be better served paying off my debt then going to a tech school and learning a skill like plumbing even if i gotta deal with....people...ugh. just because the average american IQ seems to be dropping faster then a box of twinkies into a starving fat man and crap like this is becoming the norm

4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Plumbing I would think would require ten years of pulling toilets and replacing wax rings until a newer guy comes along. If it’s any consolation, colossal stupidity and accidents like this one have occurred far longer than the internet. It was still happening before cell phone video, dash cam footage, and the ability to broadcast it to millions instantly.

5. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    I’m in my 34th year, and this stuff happened once every couple years, not days. I’ve seen more truck accidents and morons in one 1-80 trip than I used to see in a year.

6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Once every couple of years? There’s more people on the road today so sure there’s more stupid minor accidents.

34 years driving, my respect to you I’m about to hit my 21st year. Even you started driving after all the crystal meth, pill poppin, no sleeping zombie drivers had already died off. Trucking is dangerous but statistically you’re much more likely to return home safe today than you were in 1980.

7. trucknguy

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    trucker.jpeg This was trucking when I started.

8. trucknguy

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    IMG_3601.jpeg This was our ELD!

Moon_beam and Bud A. Thank this.
  9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    HA! The pimp or tattletale, and we thought THAT was invading our privacy. I knew drivers that would drill a small hole in the speedo at 55mph, insert a pin, and hammer down. Pretty ironic it happened in a Welcome Center, but come on, what's the big mystery? Oh there was a medical issue alright, speed control set, asleep at the wheel. Probably knew they were tired, had their sights set on the rest stop, but didn't time it right. Again, what's the mystery? Rest areas are for people that need a rest. Sometimes, as shown here, not soon enough. The real tragedy is the poor schmucks ( us) taking a nap in seemingly a safe place, and WHAM! The cost of a modern society, like it or not.

Moon_beam Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.