Getting back into the game.. What trucking company do you suggest ?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BCV, Jul 14, 2018.

1. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Copy that. That's what I thought I was reading, thanks for clarifying for me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    And there is a weekly deduction to pay for the training for the 1st yr. If you stay your yr then the other $2000 is forgiven. Its like $30 a week deduction I believe when you get your own truck.

BCV Thanks this.
  4. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    I just wanted to throw a shout out of Thanks to everyone who responded and helped me with more clarity toward making a important decision for my next year... I appreciate it Drivers !

5. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I hate to recommend them now, knowing what I know, but one of the least-####ty outfits out there is Crete. But again, there are far worse outfits than Crete. You need to stay out of their spider webs. Virginia isn't a great place to be based out of, unfortunately. I moved out west from there because my companies wouldn't get me out west. I was always up or down I-95. That got old quick. I've heard Roehl is okay. But as far as "great companies" goes...there is no such thing anymore. All we can hope for is "good". And those are hard to find.

6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Melton would be the best choice on your list, IMO, but they’re flatbed. I don’t personally like flatbed.

7. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Ok my list of ok and good 1-2-3-8-9-10 those are not bad choose, roehl are Pam would not be good, if I was you I would go with dart, are Pam, I work for dart before on what they tell you they are going to do is what they do, Pam from what I hear is the same way, good luck, but my question to you is this if you can pass the road test, and pretrip why not rent a truck and do it that way, if go that route laza spot my give you a yard jocky work, I am not 100% on it to if they would take put it worth a look at

8. SOAthor

SOAthor Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Tennessee
    You should also look at some of the jobs boards under driver or driver student to see who hires in your area. I dont think with your experience that it is fair or practical for you to NOT be paid during training, I know off hand Maverick will train you to get your CDL and Pays you during training, they are flatbed out of Little rock , but also automatic with good EPU's ( like Apu's). Take screen shots or do a print out showing your previous experience with about 3 yrs of experience you have some bargaining power, if you have kept your mvr clean then you should be able to bargain for 2nd year pay after a few weeks of training to get your cdl. Also consider searching for Refresher courses, you did not list your city or I would have looked for positions for you. There are some who like to hire trainee's with permits and train them their way to get their cdl's.

9. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Do they operate or have a terminal in Jacksonville, FL? Can you swap the NFL package to a NBA package:occasion5:

10. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Haha no we don't do much of Florida I dont think they are hiring out of down there right now

11. NightOwl2350

NightOwl2350 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Michigan
    Have you heard anything about Falcon Transportation, I was looking into them, bad reviews from earlier post, and prior years, But was wondering how are they now???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.