Getting Ryder to fix there leased trucks...

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by joseph1853, Aug 2, 2018.

1. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    For sure. I bundled them together. See what you are saying. But preventive maintenance not all that great, but that's just me.

joseph1853 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1853

joseph1853 Heavy Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Well I told my boss what ya'll told me. I told him I've been very patient trying to work with ryder and all to get the truck fixed even though it's really not my problem. One of the other drivers just quit and I suggested assuming his trucks ac worked well I could run his rig and he said that would be fine so will see. He said no ones said anything about the ac on it. I'm going to run it tomorrow and see how it does. I got in it tonight and started her up just to check it out and the ac ran fine but there were a couple of lights on the dash board a abs light an upside down triangle light and a (tc) light.. I'm assuming those are all related to a bad abs sensor or something which I can live with. but no ac I can not live with being I'm in Texas and it's freaking hot here lol..

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    could be a matter of opinion regarding the PM service, being "not that great"...sometimes, it's the crew shift that is working. the midnight to 8 AM shift may be overwhelmed by left over work from the previous shift. this IS highly possible, as many times, when i had to take in one of our trucks, they were already jammed packed with thier own work, as well as the previous shift over flow.

i always told the service manager, "if you need it an extra day, keep it".......sometimes they did, sometimes we got it back before MY shiift ended, so i could pick it up. many times, they would deliver it to us, and take back thier loaner.

joseph1853 Thanks this.
  5. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    ABS light is DOT violation. Just so you know.

6. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I didn't know that.

7. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Oh yeah. Couple years Ohio made $120.00 off me. My light sometimes was working, and sometimes not. Of course won't work when the "man" stuck his head in and had me turn my ignition off and on. She be work'in now . Think cvsa or whatever points for ABS also.?

KB3MMX and joseph1853 Thank this.
  8. jescott418

jescott418 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Mt Morris,IL
    I worked for Ryder dedicated and even trucks they use in their own fleet are not well maintained. I had several issues and bounced around trying to get it fixed. I drove around in a rental because they didn't have anything better. One of our new local guys tried to go on a check ride and the truck they tried to use was on ready line but air pressure wouldn't build. Supposedly passed a inspection and had the checklist to prove it. One wonders what slacker mechanic just checked it off assuming it was OK?

KB3MMX and joseph1853 Thank this.
  9. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Yeah I actually just got out of a rental. This will be the 4th time I've had my truck in there shop trying to get it fixed. I've got my truck back and it's not fixed of course. Itsfunneh they gave me a 2018 Freightliner Cascadia and it wouldn't idle at night so I ended up not having AC at night. My regular truck they're working on had AC at night because it had an APU but it didn't have AC during the day so one truck had AC during the day and the other had it at night lol.

10. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    That's correct. The trucks leased were brand new from the get go, but if the driver quit then it was given to another driver so they weren't exactly for one driver the whole time but they weren't passed around like a truck at a mega truck carrier either. The current truck I'm driving has had one or maybe 2 drivers in it before me in the 3 years it's been on the road.

KB3MMX and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I just put the truck in the shop again for the same freaking problem for the 5th time. They've done a Freon flush, condenser clean, replaced a blend door actuator etc so it will be interesting to see what they do now.. at least the "loaner/rental" truck they've given me this time actually works decently this time.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.