Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Looks like another 3000+ 6 day outing with a reset on Sunday. Picking up in Fife, WA on Monday for a d/h load to Tuesday morning in Farmers Branch. Hopefully will get that knocked out early Thursday, get a PM done and bust a move toward Arkansas for some home time and signing the paperwork for my new crib.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Down in Laredo getting my first of two drops unloaded. Backhaul just called with a load picking up down here, heading to Dallas. Works out good to get my first weeks paperwork turned in.

4. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    What percentage of night time driving do you Poly drivers do ? , I find it difficult to wake up and sit all day and be dispatched in the evening and expected to run thruout the night and into sun rise the next morning .Do you guys have this happen often ?
    Here in food delivery world it's very common .

5. gjcarr03

gjcarr03 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Texas
    Sorry I haven't responded before now. We are here in Texas, and the hubby is back to work. He was hoping to get home this weekend to finish up a few things with the new house, but his load doesn't deliver to Houston until Monday and they denied a 900 different and 900 same. :-( So another week with no pay (two weeks in a row) after putting all our money down on this house...fun times!

6. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    So sometimes you folks must wait around for the factory to produce a load of plastic before you can get a load ?

7. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    Merv, I have yet to sit all day waiting for a backhaul, then be expected to run all night.

Concerning waiting on product at one of Poly's facilities, I've never been delayed due to lack of product. Delays usually occur at the warehouse because of high load volume. It's rare, but can happen, that the delay is so sever that you may need to run all night to make on time delivery. If the delay causes a problem with your available hours you can contact outbound dispatch. They will either try for a reschedule or repower. This has yet to happen to me.

Mev Thanks this.
  8. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Well, didn't make it out of Laredo. Was 3 miles out of town and my stop engine light came on. It died as soon as I got it on the shoulder of the road. They towed it to a shop and I'm in a motel. Hope to get out of here tomorrow.

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I am on the same page as JD. I sat all day the other day waiting on my product load(Outbound) but, it wasn't because of a lack of product, it was due to the large amount of live load drivers (outside carriers) there picking up rush orders for areas that were hit by the tornado outbreak. And since I have been a live load driver for other companies, I understand that they're put to the head of the line over drop trailers...especially in cases like this where the product is going to storm relief. However, I didn't have to change my schedule much as far as night driving, just had to delay my home eta a bit...but since I was going to need to cruise by Lowe's on the way home with the company trailer for a bunch of 16' lumber that wouldn't fit on my personal 10' utility trailer, it worked out o.k.

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    if money is needed, and miles are driven but paperwork isn't in yet, your hubby can request a personal advance from Poly...I know it's only a certain percentage of earning. I have never asked for one, so I am not sure of the circumstances and procedures...perhaps some of the other regulars here have.

gjcarr03 Thanks this.
  11. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Got the bad news from the shop down here. They're not going to even get it the shop to look at it till at least Tuesday. Going to be a long few days. Was off to a good start till this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.