Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Turns out, Poly had the wrong phone number for NFI. All attempts to contact them yesterday, including the emergency number, resulted in a voicemail. Today, I got thru to a real person...who gave me the correct 24hr dispatch number. And I am indeed picking up glass.

***Update***
    When I asked the broker what time the appointment was to pick up the load...she said 1300...what I failed to ask her was "on what day". Turns out, this load was suppose to be picked up yesterday. And the guy at the shipping office had a bit of an attitude about it. So, they'll get to me when they can...it's the same glass plant I use to pick up at with Arnold. They changed the name on the building...but their SOP is still SOSDD.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I know this is a trucking thread about Poly...but while I'm sitting here watching tv waiting to be loaded...a thought briefly passed thru my feeble mind.

When there is a major crime committed...why don't the cops start looking for suspects in the strip clubs? It seems as though it must be tough finding a date as a bad guy. In the movies, after they've stolen something or killed someone...the next scene is them drinking and getting a lap dance at a strip club...all the cops need to do is start popping by the clubs randomly and pick 'em up...even if it isn't the person they're looking for, they're bound to find someone on the post office wall in there taking care of Junior

O.K. back to trucking.

Mev Thanks this.
  4. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    after a nice rest at home i have just ran 3314 miles in 4 days and am back at home for 10 hr break then deliver in morn, whew! with backhaul would prob be well over 4k for week but it prob wont deliver till mon and the logbook will prob slow me down anyway. on another note i got auth for a 900 and the broker called me saying it never showed up for delivery, he didnt sound too happy and hung up to call them. anyone else ever have that happen here with a 900 diff at gp?

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I have had the broker call me after the only 900 diff I had ever been authorized for...but he was just checking to see how the delivery went...even though I told him at the very beginning that it was being dropped at our secure facility and delivered by a local Poly driver...he didn't have a clue if it was delivered, stolen, abducted by aliens...so he called backhaul instead.

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    5.5 hours and I am still waiting. This has to be a union plant. There is no way anyone could keep their job going this slow. And it is not because I was late...that is unless everyone that was here before me was late and are still sitting here as well. This place has always been this f'd up. The only bright spot, I'll miss Atlanta rush hour this afternoon...I hope I'm done before morning rush hour.

tucker and Mev Thank this.
  7. yuban

yuban Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Between 2 Doors
    Maybe they are in the strip club.

Dinomite and tucker Thank this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    The one across from the Pilot . That was mean of you

9. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Finishing up my 6th and final Walmart drop. Not too bad of a run, but I'm glad I'm done with it. Heading home from here till Monday. Time to enjoy some time on the Harley and the beach this weekend.

10. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    An occasional wait isn't too bad , it's common in the LTL food industry to be tied up 2 to 4 days at a live kill facility, all for zero pay.
    I'm on my last 2 drops as I type this , be on a plane to Texas tomorrow. Strange synchronicity in that I'm emptying out for the final time at the very first drop I ever had with the current company, that was five years ago.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    it's a unique and pleasant feeling isn't it...people look at you funny because you're walking across the lot with a smile on your face for no obvious reason.

Mev Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.