Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've never delivered there so I can't say if you can go in early or not. Sorry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I hear drivers that have been here a while complain...but they haven't had to deal with the modern (post great recession) trucking companies out there to compare Poly to. Since many of us here are recently hired...we see how much better things are

Mev and jdrentzjr Thank this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I got mine, it is fairly easy. I haven't had to haul a load out of Riceboro yet that required it. My Riceboro load didn't qualify. There was talk that they were gona try to get us reimbursed for the cost...but they haven't gotten it approved yet

Mev Thanks this.
  5. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    We will remind you to take your medication and take a nap.

againstthewind Thanks this.
  6. jdrentzjr

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    Enjoyed my time off last week....six days forth. Left GP last Friday and went to Pittston,PA for Monday morning delivery. Reloaded in Wilkes-Barre going to Brookshire,TX for a Thursday am delivery. Reloaded a three stopper in Columbus,TX going to Carrolton,TX (x2) and a final in North Richland Hills, then back to the GP yard. Ran over 3600 miles with 5 extra stops.

I need to be home next weekend so I wanted to get an out and back run or was willing to do a couple of Laredo turns. Luckily there was a trip going to Cheyenne with a back haul preplanned that picks up in SD going back to Dallas for a Friday morning delivery. So I left GP this morning to give myself a couple of lazy days to get to Cheyenne. I plan on being there by tomorrow afternoon so I can watch the Spurs beat the Heat for NBA Title #5. So I'm staying as busy as I need to be.

7. JReneau

JReneau Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2014
    New Mexico
    Got an interview at Poly as soon as I can get there. I live near Albuquerque, NM. I'm a little worried that they don't do many runs in the west and I won't get home much. Anybody know anything about that?

8. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    They go west

( no California )

JReneau Thanks this.
  9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    they say they will try an get u home every 14 days, if there is a load goin that way when u request to go home they will give it to u, and sometimes will load a trip early if there is one comin up, as for frequent loads gettn u thru the house i would say prob not but depends on what loads u are offered. depends on what not gettn home much means to u

10. jdrentzjr

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    You haven't read the thread, have you?

stungjoe Thanks this.
  11. LilRobWayne

LilRobWayne Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Rogers,Arkansas
    Shouldn't be a problem getting you home since any Poly West load can be ran through your home. Not a problem.

jdrentzjr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.