Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    it comes up here an there for me, i never take it tho, prob harder to get in winter when some drivers dont want to go north

Mev Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    what roads did u take goin to hurricane out of flagstaff and where do we deliver there, im headed there for fri

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  4. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009

i took it the other day , that's why i was curious.
    First time it's ever been offered since i been here.
    Assumed some drivers had the route cornered or something
    and no one else got it.
    Coming down was fine, 9 + hours sitting at the shipper
    waiting to get loaded on the b/h killed a day , wrecked the delivery
    time spot and the already slow week got slower.Oh well,
    won't take it again that's for sure.

5. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    I took NM/AZ 64 (catch it N of Gallup) to US160 to US89 then Alt US89 toward Jacob Lake after that AZ389 to UT59 to UT9. I forget the name of the customer but down the same road as the WalMart DC (off UT9). There is a small truck stop/convenience store right at the turn off to the place that you can park overnight. You will love the drive, just an absolutely beautiful ride through the latter part and virtually no traffic. The parking/road to turn off is about 1 mi E of the I-15 intersection.

Picking up my first load in Riceboro and heading back for my first trip to Laredo, TX. Can anyone tell me if there is overnight parking at the Codex facility in Laredo? Going to take the long way back through GP so I can catch that Saturday meeting and suppose get a reset as I can't make it to Laredo by Friday.

againstthewind Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    When a customer has a request for their load (ie no sideways or double stacked pallets) do we go thru outbound, compliance or just call the salesperson direct. The claim they have requested this before, but always seem to get double stacked freight...on some of the crappiest thin pallets imaginable. Was afraid to stand in the trailer when he pulled them in case the pallet disintegrated and took out my legs with a flying pallet puller and chain.

Headed to Lima, OH to pick up Thursday morning(still have 2 stops and 300+ miles to travel before I'm empty) headed back to Dallas for Monday...will attempt a 900 for this weekend. Other than P&G, does anyone know what else we pick up in Lima? Haven't called Amigo yet to find out.

7. Son of a Trucker

Son of a Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Truckstop
    I bet you're headed to rudolph foods to pick pork skins.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    ruhro...if so, that's like letting not only letting the fox loose in the hen house...but giving him the keys to the door...I love pork skins :yes2557:

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Oh, and before I forget...A Happy Veterans Day to all those on the forum who have served in this nations military...too bad they only set aside 1 legal holiday to honor our Vets, but it doesn't mean we can't remember them on the other 364 days as well.

Bumper, 48Packard, ArmyGuy and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Son of a Trucker

Son of a Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Truckstop
    Ha ha well you will be hauling the raw ones, but the place where we deliver to will give you free sample bags :biggrin_25520: but that's probably because you have to blind side back to the dock while dodging 2 dumpsters and employee cars

bigcat1124 Thanks this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Oh......joy

*update*...got thru to the broker. It is indeed Rudolph(s)...said I didn't have to wait until Thursday to pick up if I could get to the shipper by 4 pm. Got there at 3:30 pm. Said they really were hoping I could get this delivered before 4 a.m. Saturday...sweet, not 900'g for me...that is if they get me loaded today...if they do, I'll be there by rush hour Friday afternoon...and brrrrrrrrr it's chilly. Left TX it was 75-80 degrees. Woke up in Little Rock Tuesday a.m. 60 degrees, delivered my 1st stop 35 miles away, 52 degrees...delivered my 2nd stop 30 miles away...42 degrees...up here in OH...it didn't break 40. Could be worse...MT and SD are sub zero.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.