Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Is there fuel at Poly West ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    nope. Either fuel up in Kingman on the way in or either the T/A or Pilot in Vegas.

Mev Thanks this.
  4. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Ok thanks

PGP up to Amarillo and across ?

or is there another route that is popular

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    that's the way I go...others go across 84 then up to Santa Rosa and across.

Mev Thanks this.
  6. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    That is a interesting place to back in to. They had to move 2 cars that was a long the left side of the dock.

7. LilRobWayne

LilRobWayne Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Rogers,Arkansas
    Hey SSB, I meant to message you on this load knowing it was a Rudolf Foods load. Anyways, no need to give you shipper information now since you found it ok. They do a pretty good job of loading and getting us out of there. At least I can give you some information on the delivery place in Dallas. They are a 24/5 place. That means they aren't there on Saturday but you have until late Friday night. The broker likes to give them a heads up about what time you'll be there. Place is just off I-30 just west of I-35 downtown. Place is tight like other post said. Park by first dock and check to be sure they are unloading you there or there new facility. Most likely you'll have to get unloaded there. If so, it's like the other post said being a blind side type back with cars in parking lot that may have to be moved. Sometimes they can take awhile if you get there around shift change. I don't recommend getting there around 16:00. I like to hit them around 18:00 to 19:00 if Friday. Anyways, good luck with the load and maybe some of this info helps. Take care out there!

supersnackbar Thanks this.
  8. stardream

stardream Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Well now that all is running perfectly smooth at Poly Trucking unmatched by any other commercial driving opportunity there won't be any driver openings except for the occasional retirement of someone 75+ age. Back to the days when it really was a waiting period of 5-10 years after applying for an opening to come available and even then it was for only one or two people. A stable driver fleet with average of 15+ yrs at Poly will be nice.

9. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Mev I take I-20 out of GP and catch US84 at Sweetwater. Run that up to Post and catch TX360 all the way to Roswell. From there I grab US285 to Clines's Corner and hit I40. About 1260 miles so within the 8% over they allow running to PW. It is just a more pleasant route I believe as I don't have to deal with that I820 mess in Ft. Worth along with just being a more scenic, peaceful ride the whole way. If I have the time which I usually do as I am going home I will also run across to Laughlin to add another 28 miles to the trip:)

Mev Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Things must have gotten nasty around W.Memphis (and many miles west of there)the other night. There was a truck off the road, cab laying on it's side off the frame and the trailer broken in half. Just past many bridges, cars still off in the woods. And the I-40 bridge still had snow/ice in the shade of the jersey barrier.

I got my call from Outbound for my home load. Pick up Saturday morning deliver to Jacksonville Monday morning...then home for a week. With luck, this will be my last long stay at home. Hoping to wrap most of the work to my home addition...

ampm wayne and Mev Thank this.
  11. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere

I heard 55 was shut down right around the 3 or 4. I hate that area on nice days....bad weather just mucks things up....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.