Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I finally escaped. 6.5 hours. Broker wasn't happy, I wasn't happy, Sam's isn't happy because they had to reschedule. Now I deliver Monday instead of Sunday. I haven't checked with Pol-Tex yet, but I need to make sure my load to GP wasn't an urgent ingredient load because it won't be there until Monday evening. Thankfully out bound never called with a Monday load. So I guess I am on the Tuesday board now since they ran out of Monday freight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I think I have discovered a reliable way to start my truck when it's cold .
    This has been a very big deal ever since the seasons changed and the temps have plummeted.
    The original problem is once it goes below about 30 degree the clutch switch
    seems to have an issue , so when I press it to the floor and turn the key nothing happens.

Its stranded me once because of this , it was 12 degrees outside and the cold is what woke me up
    on that day , but she wouldn't start ! , fortunately the small gas station I was parked at was open
    and I could go inside and get warm while I waited on the repair truck.

Here is the trick ..... turn the key and hold it to the start position ...then push the clutch to the floor and back rapidly and the starter will kick and start to work.

It simply will not work if you push the clutch to the floor and then turn the key to the start position.
    It makes no sense but that's the only way it will start on a cold day.
    Must have a strange voltage drop issue lurking in the starter relay system or something.

Ive literally had the truck either running and driving or idling for 5 days with out turning it off
    for fear of cutting it off on a cold night and not getting it restarted when I need heat.

In case anyone is curious , my apu doesn't work , and even though it's been in the shop
    5 times for mechanical issues, it's never lasted more than about 45 mins of run time.

So if yours acts up when cold , try this technique to get her going.

4. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    Any of you guys been to white cap in Memphis tn, 174 collins st.
    Need to get unloaded first thing tomorrow morning and paperwork says call 24 hours prior to schedule a appointment time, but they are closed on the weekend. Looks like I could park their overnight and see if they will get these 3 pallets off according to Google maps.

5. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    what year truck is having these issues?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    it's the magnetic clutch pedal safety switch. It's been an issue since they came up with idea of using your clutch to start. Prior to the Prostar/Cascadia era trucks, you were NEVER suppose to use your clutch pedal to start. It even use to be posted on the shift pattern sticker about not using the clutch. They just need to bypass it and remove it. Even the new trucks are having the same issue.

Mev and againstthewind Thank this.
  7. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    mine is a 2012

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    College Park, GA...who's the customer there? I pick up tomorrow delivering to College Park on Thursday...new one on me. He had less loads this Monday than he had last Monday...looks like the January slow time is upon us. Hope it's a short one this year.

9. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    Haven't been there with poly but im pretty sure theres a costco dc in college park and last couple times I went there they had overnight parking.

supersnackbar Thanks this.
  10. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    theres a few in that area , but it's usually Costco

supersnackbar Thanks this.
  11. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Managed to get the plywood load knocked off and rolled to PGP to pick up my OB. Wiring harness on the rear tractor lights was shot so got the shop to change it before heading out. Only took a couple of hours so I guess I got lucky. Made it out to Big Spring, TX tonight and rolling out again early in the morning for Artesia, NM and perhaps even get the three Albuquerques knocked out as well. Pretty chilly here but I ain't going to complain too much as the ice is holding off and it ain't in the negatives:)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.