Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    I did the same.

Picked up in Henderson going to Sumner,WA for Thursday. Should get a nice long load for the weekend which I hope nets me 3500+ miles for this week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The ultimate see ya!...even funnier since they paid for it

4. Bman20

Bman20 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    USA
    Does Poly trucking hire out of Vermont????

5. chemster

chemster Medium Load Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I'm not exactly sure, but I know we run up to new England as I'm on a trip now that ends in Maine. It wouldn't hurt to fire off an email to recruiting and ask.

6. ladytrucker54

ladytrucker54 Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Hot Springs, AR
    Once more, I emailed recruiting and received no answer. At this point I don't know that it matters how I sent them my application, they should have received it 2 weeks ago and I can't get a confirmation that they received it. I don't know if they didn't receive it, aren't interested in me, or are just checking things out before they answer me.

Based on everything you guys have posted, I really, really would like to work there, but don't know what else to do. Maybe they prefer drivers that haven't already left their last job. If I was still working it wouldn't be as frustrating, but unfortunately I'm not. What's really funny is that when I quit my job to come home and tackle a major project, one of the companies I planned on applying to was Crete. :biggrin_25523: Now you guys have me rethinking that. Crete would still be better than the last company I was with because it is better pay and actually has benefits.

My record is clean so that's not a problem. I just need to get back to work soon and wish Poly would answer. I wonder if I had put JD or Chemster on my application if that would have helped. Anybody got a crystal ball?

7. FlexinTarzan

FlexinTarzan Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR
    ladytrucker54, I faxed my application to Poly yesterday. My situation is differant....I am trying to get-away from Crete, but will not turn in the truck until I have a green light from Poly. I have bills like everybody else ie...mortgage,car payment, and mouths to feed ect. My problem with Crete is they are such a big company that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. For a production based business, Crete wastes way to much of a drivers time for me.....To Each Thier Own. I hope you the best!

8. jdrentzjr

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    Unfortunately I have nothing else to suggest other than to keep trying.

I wrote this on the other posting location, but I will write it again. What I post is for information purposes only. I'm not trying to recruit anyone. I don't know if writing down another drivers name as a referral will help in the hiring process.

Poly is not perfect & has it's own set of issues. However, the bottom line & being treated as a human being & not a number on the side of a truck trumps all those issues. At least for me, for now. I'm getting plenty of miles & am spoken to with respect. I know of one other company that pays more than .48 p/m & they haul hazmat.

The biggest problems Poly has are the older trucks, & the associated problems, the new drivers have to deal with, & the lack of competency in the truck shop. That being said I've been able to deal with these issues & make good money & get home when I want. Home time ability will very among drivers depending on where they live.

9. jdrentzjr

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    I received backhaul info yesterday afternoon. After delivery in Sumner tomorrow morning I will pick up in Eugene,OR. Will have four stops with a final in Lubbock,TX on Wednesday 8-5. The trip is about 2600 miles. That will give me 5600 miles & 7 extra stops in 12 days. Then more than likely I will pick up in Lubbock that night going to Rosenburg,TX for an asap drop/hook. This would add another 2 stops & 520 miles. I'll update later.

10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Might have to fire off several...I've "fired off" two and have gotten zilch in return. Not very impressed based upon this.

11. Bman20

Bman20 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    USA
    Chemster i guess it was along shot to see but i also called a recrutier and nobody called me back...do u like workign for them? do u get good hometime and pay?:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.