Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Where are all the Poly drivers to support you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    I have only talked to one Poly driver in person. At a shipper we frequent in Cary, NC. You know the one where they're supposed to be preloaded trailers but rarely if ever are. Anyway that Poly driver had been with Poly for 2 years and was looking to move on. He confirmed basically everything you read on this thread.

tucker Thanks this.
  4. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Hoping SSB is rolling now With a load. There aren't that many Polynesians. We Cretens will keep SSB propped up until a Polynesian arrives.

tucker Thanks this.
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I haven't broke the 10,000 mile per month barrier since October, now I'm on a "special program" to run more miles and I have, except for waiting for our shops, plus I take a lot of time off now.
    Should be home tommorow for a week, depends on how the rain plays out.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  6. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    I'm not certain, but I think Flatbed may have been offering SSB a gig in a much better chariot.

7. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Tucker, you're such a slacker and mighty proud of it. I respect that. Eastwood: "A man's got to know his limitations!"

tucker Thanks this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I think you're right, I thought he had the wrong thread at first. But the FL to Canada and Flatbed lives in New York....
    And now Snack has that phone that's not forum compatible. I'll email Mr. Belding and see if he can help.

9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

But the FL to Canada and Flatbed lives in New York....:cool: is there a law I do not know about that says you cannot haul loads from / to CANADA from Florida if you live in NEW YORK if so been breaking it for years .

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If you're correct, I would consider it if the pay was acceptable and given time to get my passport card. Never thought I would be interested in crossing the border, but I did say I needed a new challenge.

I did get moving. 16:15 they called with a load that picked up 250 miles away by 20:30 going to Dallas. They wanted it delivered at 10 am...said no way...beyond my 14 and not enough time to even split log an 8 in there somewhere...and no parking at delivery. It is now one of the few drop & hooks we have...and I am on the board for home after I swap to a loaner truck.

tucker and xlsdraw Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Probably gave up trying to post on this #### screwed up new system....or quit after finding a new job. Or, are home like I am going to be after this weekend. Since this month is a total waste, I am going home and taking the rest of the month off. When asked why so much time off, the only reply was 'after the crap I've dealt with lately, I need to cool off and regroup before I tell someone where they can shove their truck, their job and their company'..they got the hint, asked no more questions and put me on the list to leave home July 1...

Rattlebunny Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.