Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    Not necessary to apologize but happily accepted. I do know this when we look in the mirror , we don't see each other we see our selves. All we can do for ourselves is go with what the heart tells us. Hey , like SBB said , earlier , I too stand to be corrected and owe him an apology for a few weeks ago , as I was critical of him to the point I told him if he isn't happy leave. So SSB I apologize for that. I should too be more compassionate to you guys seeing how I been there . I said it before dude , and was sincere when I said I hope you find the right fit. I'm just not real eager to leave what works for me right now.
    When Jevic went under I had 7.5 yrs with them , I had the work record but was not in that financial control I am now , plus everything was in a hiring freeze with the exception of every snuff colored 3 ring company out there.
    So that led to about 5 jobs over 5 yrs. Now unless there are some drastic changes that uproot my easy seat at Poly , I'm in for the long haul another 5 yrs at least. would put me at 7.5 years with them and maybe by then I will have a different mindset on going with Walmart. Those guys are well paid and well treated , but there are certain things I cringe at , and one is the game they play to hire in , you start today , with interviews 2months later they're still stringing you along by the balls , and I now that I don't have that patience for 2 or 3 or 4 months of question mar
    You lost me with the ton of cash earning 1% interest , not sure if you will enlighten me about that or not. Tony leaving sounds like it's gonna happen he wants to go back to the sunshine state. I said earlier I'm not rich , but I'm not poor either. My wife and I have contributed regularly to retirement since 2001 we been at it , our home and cars are paid off accept the newest one a 2013 Subaru a year to go on that it's paid off. In 2016 we'll have one remaining bill 500 a month for 9 more years , on a big garage , 5 rooms 2 storage a RV high entry 10wX12h door and 2 smaller rooms, a work shop and rec room. Combined we do okay , I'm not putting those figures here , but for Lewis County KY , basically 45 miles northeast of Maysville KY , we do better than most out here. Would that be sufficient in the New England states ?
    HAIL NO , we'd be struggling to have a shack we call home.
    One thing I been noticing here ,it's seems they struggle to fix 3 things at once , management wise. It seems if 2 things get better one goes off track to make up for it ... Almost like they don't want to make things too hunky-dory at poly.

tucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I just checked with shipping...my load that was suppose to be out at 1400 yesterday, is now scheduled to be loaded at 8 a.m. today....F these incompetent lazy ### moron loaders...18 hours late and counting is totally unacceptable without any kind of detention pay...if they did that to an outside carrier, they would be on the hook for a lot of detention pay.

> update <
    It turns out, my load's ready time wasn't reset to 8 a.m.after all...The guy must not understand english numbers very well and I only speak Sesame Street spanish (the spanish words that use to be taught when people my age use to watch Sesame Street 40-odd years ago)...the dude was pulling up the wrong trip number. My load, emergency outbound discovered, was done around 2300 last night...but because I was told it wouldn't be ready until after 8...I didn't find out it was done until I went to check at 830 to find out what door it was being loaded at. Then got into a txt'g barrage with e-outbound because they felt I should have been rolling already, all while I was trying to sign 1/2 a ream's worth of paperwork.

My days here are numbered.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    tucker Thanks this.
  4. Loanerdude

Loanerdude Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    omnipresent
    I missed the 1% punch line from Tucker
    This will require clarificartion

SSB's shipping frustration is classic Poly
    1 step forward , 2 steps back
    Show up on time ....loose a day. :(

On a Positive note , :cheers:
    If a driver can get in ' the loop ' out west they can
    avoid the Grand Prairie Disaster Zone for three weeks
    or more .Simply put , the less time in The Zone
    the better. Cottage Grove , Henderson and the backhauls
    actually flow right along from my experience.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  5. BFL123

BFL123 Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    gaffney, sc
    What city in South Carolina are they going to build a poly plant? Thanks

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Allegedly it is suppose to be in the Chester-Ft. Mill area, or that was the area they were planning on in '06 according to what the local newspapers were reporting back then. Who knows for sure now...Poly America treats us like the proverbial mushroom farm.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    BFL123 Thanks this.
  7. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    As a former poly driver 06/10 I can tell you not told hold your breath on anything getting better. Everything that bad about it now was the same then.
    Back then when we lost the only 3 voices for the drivers (Scott Preston) supervisor,Debra in human resources and the dad died everything when down hill.
    It got really bad when three biggest trowser snakes I've ever seen in trucking made supervisor.
    Allen Mayhew, Pat Hernandez and the biggest one Mike Hyatt. If they are still there you really need to watch your back they'll stick a knife in your back so quick and clean you won't know till it's to late.
    Polly could care less how many drivers leave. When I pulled the knife out of my back and cleaned out my truck it was the 28th empty not including the loner fleet.
    It's such a shame that even after all this time nothing has changed, clearly it's not going to.
    With the fundamentals of the program there should be a line of drivers standing heel to toe from G.P to Houston waiting for a chance to get in.
    Matter of fact that's just about how it was when I first started.

Loanerdude Thanks this.
  8. Loanerdude

Loanerdude Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    omnipresent
    Yes , i felt that way from week one , first week i was there i had the feeling i had stumbled into a rattlesnake den . Im sensitive that way , the corporate
    atmosphere is pretty toxic.
    Place reminds of that old show called La Femme Nikita.
    Recently had a driver come up to me at the pumps and reflect the same sentiment that when the original guy passed away it began the slow spiral.

The tail doesn't wag the dog , so i agree they don't notice their drivers
    much less the ones on the net.These forums amount to a wailing wall for the flustered.
    In cyberspace No one can hear you scream

9. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    Wow! I feel the opposite of you guys, we'll somewhat. Poly has ruined me for any future otr company. I mean where am I going to get another otr gig that pays 50cpm, hub miles, and not have to deal with a stupid dispatcher and that hires out of Florida lol.

Yeah the trucks suck but I still make my money. Yeah the shop sucks but I still make my money. In about 10 months I've never talked to Mike Hyatt or either driver supervisor unless I needed a lumper fee. I don't understand how they are such a big problem when you don't have to talk to them.

I guess I just don't give a crap lol. If the load comes out to late then they will reschedule it or repower it and anything said other than that just doesn't matter. I usually end up delivering on time anyways.
    The truck/shop issue truly is crap and If I haven't already I will probably cry here in the future about how they suck but I also know that I can't do anything to change it so I hope for the best or go find a company without international maxxforce poo poo.

Son of a Trucker Thanks this.
  10. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    Guess this is something new to look out for. I talked with another poly driver at my delivery this past Friday and he said he went to check on his load and was told it's not ready yet. Guess he called Martin and Martin told him that it's ready and what trailer it was on. Basically the same thing that happened to you.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Getting outbound to change an appointment time is only slightly easier than changing the rotation of the Earth. The resistance most of us get when we ask would be similar to the response a urologist would get if he offered a rubber mallet or a bucket of ice as anesthetic for a vasectomy. If the shipping's budget would get dinged for any rescheduling charges or the shipping department management would be held accountable more harshly or at least a bigger arse chewing and/or suspension for these continuous delays due to personnel issues, maybe things would improve...but until it starts hurting this company's profit margin, it will be SOSDD, and continue to be dumped on our shoulders to make up the time that others f'd up.

As for me, if that same guy is in there the next time, I am activating my Google Translate app, set it for English to Spanish translation then key in my trip number so there is no possible way Esé will misunderstand

tucker and ArmyGuy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.