Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    NO deductible ? That's a good deal right there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    I came out of the house the 14th. It feels like I have had the slowest couple of weeks in a long time. Alot of 300-400 mile days and 15 hour breaks. Today would make 16 days out and I'm waiting on my load home to the house to take another week off. To this point I still drove 6410 miles in 16 days and will do about 7600 in 18-19 days by the time I get to the house. That's not to bad for the slowest I've been in a while.

28 Thanks this.
  4. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Been out since 6/15 if my memory is correct and am
    currently at 5868 mi

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    ArmyGuy Thanks this.
  5. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Seems like your on the extra board at a ltl company

6. ArmyGuy

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    Just some odd loads this go around.

I'm at 37-38k through June taking 6-8 days off a month. Can't complain to much because that's pretty good for myself.

7. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Did they turn Cottage Grove into a regional too

8. ArmyGuy

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    This regional stuff is more rumor than anything at the moment. I've heard out west had 2-3 guys that do some sort of dedicated regional. I've heard Carolina poly does also but I never met them and heard it wasn't good. No clue what loads they are even taking.
    The new talk is about Texas regional. I heard they are having issues with drivers not taking alot of the shorter loads , so they're trying to come up with something for people who would be interested as there's plenty of guys who don't want to run hard.
    I know of one guy that is doing a up north regional type thing. That's about it. At this point its alot of chatter between drivers more than anything.

radioshark Thanks this.
  9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Here’s a suggestion you can drop in their ear.

Take a page out of the play book that all those short/medium haul irregular route carriers use. I’m taking Crete, Rigel, JB Hunt, Big G, etc...

Get with the customers in Texas and make those drop and hooks. If they make it where drivers can make a turn in a day (go and get back to GP) and get set up for the next day, they wouldn’t have any issues getting drivers to take them.

SOAthor Thanks this.
  10. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    try finding drivers who want to go in and out of the plant in grand prairie every day or even every few days, drivers do their best to avoid it so its no surprise they dont want shorter runs, shorter runs are just a quicker return to madness. lol

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  11. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    What is magical thinking?

Magical thinking is the belief that one’s own thoughts, wishes, or desires can influence the external world. It is common in very young children. A four-year-old child, for example, might believe that after wishing for a pony, one will appear at his or her house. Magical thinking is also colloquially used to refer more broadly to mystical, magical thoughts, such as the belief in Santa Claus, supernatural entities, and miraculous occurrences.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.