Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Still at a loss as to why or for what purpose they yanked back 2 of our
    available off days . It hasn’t panned out
    at all , no idea why they did that to us .

Oh well

o_O

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    FTR, I don’t give a rats ### what you believe. Clear enough?

Ignore me if you don’t like what I say. Pretty simple really.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  4. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    if you have paid a fortune in health insurance over the yrs and you are broke because of unforseen medical expenses you have just proven what a scam health insurance is, saying that doesnt mean i am perfect and havnt fallen on hard times it just means ive woke up. why are people broke if they have all this insurance to "protect" them, lol and as far as "having" to put kids thru college maybe thats not the best investment in your kids future, its good for business for people who run colleges tho lol

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    28 and mathematrucker Thank this.
  5. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Me too, but after 17 years of company driving, the circumstance that caused me to quit my last job a year ago does at least make me wonder about getting a truck for the first time.

After 4 1/2 months of solid performance for a large mail carrier out of Chicago, despite my being under a load at the time and no other trucks being available, at 2 AM on a Monday at my home terminal in North Las Vegas an incompetent night dispatcher ordered me to vacate the truck so a new hire could move into it. "We'll put you up in a hotel" he said. I warned the idiot that I would resign on the spot if he didn't let my FM deal with the problem a few hours later when he arrived at work in Chicago.

It didn't help that the new hire was already angry about sitting a whole week waiting to be assigned a truck. The guy had a family to support and needed to get rolling, so who could blame him? I think I would have pushed back against (instead of persuading like he did) the night dispatcher, but I at least saw where he was coming from.

He helped me temporarily move all my stuff into a friend's truck that was unlocked because it was written up for repair. It took us well over two hours. Jessie, if you ever come across this, as I said at the time, I honestly hope it all worked out great for you and you're still there!

On Friday afternoon I'd asked the mechanic for a key to the truck I was supposed to move into by 8 PM Sunday. Instead of just explaining things, he gave me a runaround: "What? They want me to give out that truck?" After some haggling, he reluctantly agreed to leave a key on the truck before going home for the weekend.

He never did, but it didn't matter: on Saturday I discovered the truck had no license plate! I knew it was being sold (I was only supposed to run it out to KC), but I was in a hurry Friday and didn't notice the plate was missing. So anyway, I immediately contacted weekend dispatch.

Among the many problems with that Vegas yard is the mechanics there weren't even employed by our company. They all worked for a sister company that we shared the yard with. After figuring out that our weekend dispatch was going to be useless, I did some phoning around and managed to reach weekend dispatch at the sister company. This eventually led to some clueless higher-up there assuring me with great confidence that someone would come in Sunday to get the truck ready.

As expected, nobody ever did. At that point I figured everything would have to wait until Monday morning, so I didn't even bother contacting anyone again. Nobody ever checked back with me either. Then Jessie showed up at around 1 AM.

Needless to say I'm exercising caution in my present job search. I frankly have very little interest in ever getting a truck, but that'd be one sure way to prevent the above from repeating!

Bumper Thanks this.
  6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    What’s better?
    Being denied coverage for preexisting conditions?
    Being charged more for being a woman or being older?
    That’s where we’re heading to again.
    That’s what people want, to be screwed over repeatedly.

7. OTRTruckStomper

OTRTruckStomper Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
    i agree againstthewind the whole system is corrupt
    i have been paying medical insurance $246 a week for 10 years to cover 5 people me, my wife and 3 kids.Still my wifes med bills ran into the top 30k had to pull 2nd morgage to pay for her last 2 treaments. was worth every cent she is healther know then before (cancer sucks) and if you think you can bury anyone with any kind of dignity for less then 10k you are sadly mistaken.

My oldest son and both my daughters have always been straight A students
    I want whats best for them and in this world if you do not have a degree from a reputable college you will be put in to a employment category like the rest of us americans. This work category has a pay cap and no real opportunitys to improve your life or statis. I dont want my kids to go through there lives with the boot heal of this government on there backs and in my opinion knowledge and information is the only way to stop that from happening.

All Americans need to find strength and knowledge so that we may raise up as one and stop the greed and corruption that has infected our government and demoralized our great nation.

Zangief and TokyoJoe Thank this.
  8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Bottom line, there are people that make one poor life decision after another and when bad luck hits, they’re broke because they never saved a penny in their life and when the first unexpected expense hits them, they were broke.

And, of course, because they were stupid and didn’t save a penny in their entire, miserable life, that means the rest of us must be lying when we say we have never had financial problems because we actually saved our money.

9. OTRTruckStomper

OTRTruckStomper Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
    schmuck

10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Don't waste your time.
    Telling someone to save money is blasphemy
    In this day and age.

If you really want to piss them off, tell them to
    Pay cash for everything and live below
    Their means.

They got to have that 50,000 dollar pick up truck.
    Even if it means they have to live in it.
    Wouldn't be caught dead in a 3000 dollar
    Used car like I drive.

I have a few places I rent out.
    It's almost always the same type of people applying.
    Not a penny in the bank,
    Live week to week,
    Currently crashing on some friends or family
    Members couch.

Either unemployed or working a low paying job.
    Smokes weed everyday,
    Brand new cell phone,
    And of course the new car or truck.
    With high payments and full coverage insurance required.

In other words they choose to live in a car they
    Can't afford over having their own place.

I've had many show up while living in it.
    Their whole way of using money is backwards.
    I don't know how they even get approved for
    40,000 dollar truck to begin with, with a 10
    Dollar an hour job.

But we're the wacko's for owning
    Everything we have,and by saving and paying cash
    For everything.

I still got a cassette player in one of my cars. Lol.
    You ought to hear them laugh when they see that.
    It runs excellent and it's paid for.
    That's all that matters to me.

11. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    “There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it. It's the only reason you get up in the morning, the only reason you suffer the shitty boss, the blood, the sweat and the tears.
    This is because you want people to know how good, attractive, generous, funny, wild and clever you really are. "Fear me or revere me, but please think I'm special."
    We share an addiction. We're approval junkies. We're all in it for the slap on the back and the gold watch. The "hip, hip, hoo-####ing-rah."
    Look at the clever boy with the badge, polishing his trophy. Shine on, you crazy diamond. Cos we're just monkeys wrapped in suits, begging for the approval of others.”

― ( Revolver ) ( old Guy Ritchie movie )

:biggrin_2559:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2019
    Reason for edit: Do not skirt the filter!
    againstthewind and Frank Speak Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.