Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Or maybe Polly .... needs a little insurance payout money

Speed_Drums and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Ahhh, taking a page out of the Flying Pilot book of operations...

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  4. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    2 ? Which was the other i only heard about G.P.

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    someone posted a link to the fire at the plant in Chester Sc a page or two back

maninthemoon1 Thanks this.
  6. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    I made a delivery Tuesday morning, I had called 2 days earlier requesting a backhaul for the same day.

Nobody calls me that day about backhaul info. I get out of the receiver late afternoon and go to sleep at the truck-stop.

Early Wednesday morning I send a reminder message say i’m sitting waiting for a backhaul. Still nothing but crickets.

Late Thursday evening -tonight- i finally get through to night dispatch and the guy says the have me in system being ready for the 12th?? Wtf!!

He also says he has no record of me requesting a backhaul.

Just great!

This is about the 5th time they have lost my messages about requesting a load this year

The other 4 times were all on outbound. 3 times they went back and “found” my messages and payed me the holdover, but the other time they couldn’t find my messages and I didn’t get paid.

So now it looks like I will have sat for nearly 3 days for nothing (if I get a load tomorrow).

This whole stupid system where you can never talk to a person in dispatch and just leave messages is ridiculous.

What should I do in the future?? Just start calling driver managers if I don’t have a load lined up immediately?? I’m sure they will appreciate that!

Furiously mad at dispatch right now. 3 days down the tubes for nothing.

7. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I would have called backhaul Tuesday morning starting at about 0815, as many times as it took to get a reply. Ten times if necessary, and with updates every hour on the Qualcomm on my unloading status. They might miss one message, but they're not going miss ten.

They always want to know the exact TIME I will be empty and how many hours I will have to run. A lot of these backhauls are ballbusters with no time to waste. Like it's 1000 I just got empty and I'll get a call with the load info telling me I have to make a pickup 350 miles away by 1600.

Sometimes I'm too tired, but when I have the mental energy I go back and analyze the different steps I took throughout the delivery process on loads to see what I could have done better and usually the mistakes I make are related to communication. And it usually means I failed to call backhaul or send an empty update with the right date on it. On a scale of ten, my communication skills are about a 4 with Poly. I have a lot of mental blocks.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  8. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    If you're not using the macros on the Qualcomm to put yourself on the outbound board and to update your empty availability than you're doing it wrong. Also when you do this there's proof. I understand sometimes you can't always do it on the Qualcomm for whatever reason. So if i do put myself on the board using the phone, i always put it on the Qualcomm first chance i get because who knows when and if they get voice messages. The outbound macro will tell you if they already put you on the board and the backhaul just updates your availability time.

9. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Saw something today on my new trip sheet I haven’t seen before.

The “total miles” had a number next to it. With the number of miles approximate to the length of the trip. I have never seen a number next to this on a regular OTR trip.

All my other trips had this section blank.

Are they switching away from HUB miles?

10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    My total miles space is empty.
    Buy I got my load sheet on 9/30/20.
    Last day of September.

I'll definitely check on the next one.

11. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Write down how many miles you turn in,
    Then see if they pay you that amount.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.