Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

I know knight as most trucking companies dont look very favorably upon those who "hit & run," the trucking industry. Think it will happen again, esp those having had professional degrees/jobs making big $.

As they say, " absence makes the heart grow fonder" as once getting back into the daily grind will bail again!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Are you being sarcastic? Knight will hire anyone with a pulse. Have you seen their social media recruiting? Half of em can't speak English, the others couldn't even write a complete sentence if their lives depended on it. Knights scraping the bottom of the gene pool to fill trucks.

Surfer Joe Thanks this.
  3. OverDrive

Knight used to screen out often 1/2 of drivers during orientation for all kinds of things, including job history

4. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    True, but I'd say that guy would be considered a non experienced hire. They still sent me recruiting junk and had me on the robo call list for years after I bailed on them 700 miles from home.

5. OverDrive

I would not go to any CDL school unless they could guarantee training & a job following!

Mine did and paid off my school cost in 1 year of driving.

But all of these CDL schools will take your $$ and few if any can set you up for training, etc.

The country is littered with new CDL's that never got past the school.....

6. Kropotkin75

Kropotkin75 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Axis, Al
    You may be right but some of us here at knight could get other jobs but for one reason or another it just works for us.
    I can't think of many companies that don't have their fair share of bottom of the gene pool drivers.

7. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    I watched it go from a two year experience required company to a training mill. Of course there were plenty of half wits back then but training mills take it to a new level.

8. Kropotkin75

Oct 2, 2015
    Axis, Al
    I am not going to disagree but like I said, there are a few of us that aren't halfwits.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  9. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    A few. And less each passing day LOL.

10. Kropotkin75

Oct 2, 2015
    Axis, Al
    You are correct!

• Draft saved Draft deleted