Good owner ops companies?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Rllnlion, May 10, 2024.

1. Rllnlion

Rllnlion Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Veteran and 12 year CDL A driver here looking for an honest good paying owner op company to lease onto. Any advice would be much welcomed. I was looking at MID Group, any word on them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Mid group .watch out

4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Where ever you get don't trust nothing nobody says

You need to see what loads pay in writing and/or driver settlements.

No show = no driver for you.

HiramKingWilliams Thanks this.
  5. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Where are you located (zip code)?

What kind(s) of freight do you want?

-- L

6. Rllnlion

Rllnlion Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I am in 47283 zip, looking for what's paying the best with most home time. Been otr for last 5 years from resetting at home every week to 25 days out and 4 or 5 home.

7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The company I used to be leased to has a ton of stuff in and out of the Austin IN area. I used to run MN to Austin, Austin to PA, PA back to Austin, then load back north to MN. I have zero complaints about anything for the years I was leased there. I left because I was a little out of their main running area. When freight was good it wasn’t that big of deal cuz I could use broker loads to get in and out of my house. But when things went bad it wasn’t even worth dealing with cheap broker loads so I’d end up bouncing 4-5 hours home and 4-5 hours back out to get to their customer freight.

TraLo Inc
    Owatonna MN

Rllnlion Thanks this.
  8. Rllnlion

Rllnlion Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Ok, thanks for reply.
    I'm currently looking at OTR systems and Cloud Trucking. If you have any info on them I would appreciate that.

9. PureLeafTea

PureLeafTea Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2013
    If you like looking at a load board and calling agents to hear let me call my customer and that load just got covered plus giving up a ton of revenue for basically nothing I HIGHLY recommend landstar. And it turns out the reason why “that load got covered” most likely is the broker won’t use landstar. Increasingly black listed. Which is another thing. You’d think being “the 3rd largest carrier” would mean you’d have lots of freight. Nope. Their agents call brokers like everybody else.

Bro_Dave Thanks this.
  10. JJ 501

JJ 501 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Check Fremont Contract Carriers

Rllnlion Thanks this.
  11. MatthewSumner79

MatthewSumner79 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2024
    Cloud trucks is a joke. I'm surprised they are still in business considering they are burning through investors cash like wildfire.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.