Got a job with JCT out of Oklahoma and loving it.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by dtj12231989, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Yeah, I mean it will pick up eventually. We do hauling for Peterbilt in the Denton area. Before COVID came I was getting about 50 hours a week. Just sucks only getting 40 hours. Though that is guaranteed. Even if I ended up working 0 hours because the plant closed down or something. Got approved with one company and got their offer letter in my email and I think after seeing that I am definitely not going there. 50 hour week I will gross just over a grand. Why go for being home just two days every other weekend when I can just wait it out and ultimately be happier? No brainer for me at least.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    As long as you're happy and making ends meet that's all that matters. I have a question though. Are those figures after taxes, setting aside money for maintenance, and your wage?

To me a thousand a week sounds pretty low unless it is after all the things I mentioned. I usually make 1k - 3k profit to the business after everything. The most profit I've ever made was over 7K in one month but that is very rare.

4. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    If that's not a red flag I don't know what is.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  5. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Hey if your happy that should be all that matters!
    Now with that said, it doesnt matter where you live or come from. You could live where the avg is $750 a week take home or $250.
    The job is the job, and the pay should be what the pay should be. Your otr trucking, and as an O/o (even in a lease) your after expenses take home should be AT LEAST double what yours is. But hey you drive yours and I will drive mine. Your wallet is not connected to mine. Accepting that low rate of pay, just screws other drivers who cant afford to drive there. Cause the company WILL pay what they have to pay to keep the wheels turning.

icecold24k and Aamcotrans Thank this.
  6. OSTI1

OSTI1 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2020
    Is this JCT you refer to John Christener?

TB John Thanks this.
  7. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    That's the one.

8. OSTI1

OSTI1 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2020
    I’ll give them a call and see if they’ll take a driver with their own equipment.

9. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Heck if you want to really run for 90 come I'd let you lease on to me lol

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    JCT isn't leasing operators out of California ...

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Source? A California friend of mine drives for JCT and has not heard anything like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.