Got Issued A BOGUS Violation Today

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by GoldDot40, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Do a little research on the matter... My statement is indeed true.

shogun and roshea Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I adjusted all truck and trailer brakes. The very next day DOT says "OOS trailer brakes out"
    Guess what, it was a lie!

Lite bug Thanks this.
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Generally when they write you up for brakes out of adjustment, you do not move till the problem is corrected.

I have welded cracks in brand new trailers that were actually a run in the paint, even scraped off the paint and tried to get the indpector to take a second look, answer I got was I said it was a crack.
    I have many, mnay, many times seen them write up bad air lines when someone has repainted the frame and painted the pastic air lines, it eventually starts peeling and some will write it up.
    I had a guy get wrote up for an oil leak, he didn't have even a film of oil anywhere on his engine. He wanted to pay me to look, I ask if he minded if I had a little fun with it. I knew the inspector and how she operated, have brought her to tears a couple of times. I told her he wanted me to fix his oil leak, but couldn't find it, she just kept saying it is a fixit ticket and he doesn't need to fix it here. I say he wants to pay me to fix it and I want the money, point out the leak, finally he walks away and she admits that he doesn't have a leak, but she is going to write something if she goes through the trouble of inspecting it.
    I have crawled under trailers to adjust a brake, and see the ubolts hanging loose, 4 inches below where they should be on one side, obvious, obvious problem that the dot missed while checking the brake adjustment a foot away??
    It is all about safety though folks, it may even be for the children, so just be happy you can pay up and contribute your part. lol
    To be truthfull though, especially before the 72 hour blitzes started I saw a lot of scary stuff on the other side of the coin, and from some large long time successful companies too.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
  6. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    15592679684238433801762563690507.jpg

I got almost the same thing as you, 5/28/19. Early, IA scale. Level 2 waltz around. We go inside & he says "everything is good EXCEPT, axle 2 right side, your air hose is rubbing the frame." Can you show me please.? "It's not going to cost you any $, just ziptie a piece of rubber on there when you get a chance." Bullspit, I look at the hose & it's a good 1/2" from the frame. I put a chafing protector hose around it for good measure anyway last night. Is this going to hurt my CSA score..?

Just noticed he wrote my destination wrong, supposed to say Carson, IA.. dope

7. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I was pulled over in Nogales by the DOT who had been sitting where I-19 and the road that goes down into the industrial area splits. He seemed like a rookie just by the way he talked. After the inspection he wrote me up for "Mudflap sailing in wind". Guess if they can't find something, make something up.

stwik and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Yeppers. It's a CVSA violation so it will be on the companies CSA score and your PSP report. If you're the owner, then it might even hit your insurance on next renewal.

I would DataQ it with pics of it not touching the frame. Likely won't do any good, but it's worth a shot.

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  9. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    ####.. Yes, I am the company. This is my first violation of any kind, operating authority granted 02/2013. I don't know of DataQ, other than what you & others have posted in this thread. I will research & submit my challenge. Do I need a certified mechanic on my side, or just photos, & my statement..? Thank you..

10. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    You want someone who is certified and overqualified person with a piece of paper to prove it. you can be overqualified without it and there could be problems with them accepting it. I have known better mechanics without it and the certified guys next door would come over ask for help on trouble shooting issues from the uneducated guy.

11. condocassanova

condocassanova Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Dot is hear to keep you safe and provide revenue for good roads to get it hauled and the motorist. Why all the complaining when the system works fine. This is not Rushia!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.