Government money

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by D.Tibbitt, Apr 7, 2020.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats pretty good. I like it.

How does the US Treasurer play Poker? Grab a bale of cash, throw into fireplace use poker to stir it.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    the deposit is already taking place btw shows will arrive tomorrow for me comes under treasury, btw someone has to sign them checks you better believe that trump will be the one who was gonna sign that.

4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    got my $3400 at 1:40amish. BOA account

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    TokyoJoe, truckdriver31 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    Anyone with an annual income of $100,000 annually, that is living paycheck to paycheck is living beyond their means. Too many car payments, too big of a mortgage, too many meals out, etc, causes this.

Someone in this income bracket should be saving at least 10% to of their paycheck, every paycheck. If they want to be in debt their whole life, they will live paycheck to paycheck. It takes discipline to control expenses, but it can be done.

truckdriver31, x1Heavy and Linte_Loco Thank this.
  7. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    What is amazing is the farm subsidies handed out by the government. Average size farms in Iowa got a $40,000 check last year, not to mention the prior year and the additional amount this year. The amounts were published by the Des Moines Register. That amount was double what they lost due to the trade war with China.

I don’t mind price supports for farmers, as it is like a minimum wage for wage earners. But these farmers getting $40,000 have a net worth way north of a million dollars. They don’t really need the subsidy, and they will admit that, if asked.

At least those 15 million people laid off have a real need for supplemental income, so I harbor no ill will towards them getting assistance. The food banks are being overwhelmed and the lines for free food are miles long.

I am retired so I have a guaranteed income and am not subject to layoff issues. I don’t need the government money, but I am not going to turn it down....it will go into our checking account and used when needed.

With the stay at home order, I thought my wife would spend less money, but she just orders everything on line now. It is more covenient to do grocery shopping online, as all I have to do is drive to the grocery store and pick up the order.

truckdriver31, D.Tibbitt and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    We got our 2400 this morning. Since my wife hasn't worked in over a year we were barely under the max, but either way Uncle Sam will keep getting his.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    As a side note SWIFT system tends to deposit money several times daily. I think it's 4 am CST, 10, 2 and 8PM round the clock. Generally. But not always.

Treasury's computers have their own networks. Im SSdI so eventually the funding will go through at some point. Ex is a Vet so hers should be very close to hitting.

As a side note SNAP may make a deposit of additonal funds later this month. I am not certain which date due to excessive boilerplate babble and decorated legalese on our Arkansas SNAP website, but for a solo, it may come out to another 170 or so additional. Making for a possible total of around 340 for food for one person. Those with children will have additional up to a certain dollar amount maximum good for food each month over and ABOVE what they normally recieve during the COVID19 emergency.

10. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.