GP Transco, Darin, IL

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by MOBee, Aug 2, 2018.

1. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    JForce28, Lonesome and damonarnold816 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. damonarnold816

damonarnold816 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    I’m considering this company myself.

4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Do they have new white volvos?

5. damonarnold816

damonarnold816 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    United States
    I hope so, ungoverned

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  6. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    New Volvos yes, as to the color, I will know tomorrow.

7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Are you from Kentucky by chance?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    No, Texas. Originally joined from MO hence my "handle".

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  9. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Yes, they are new white Volvo's or new white Freightliners. They are governed at 68. BUT if you are running the higher speed limit states they will turn your truck up. To what.....I don't know.
    First day, pee test and more paperwork than you can shake a stick at. After lunch we went for our road test and everyone passed....even me.Dinner was on us and this is the first time the company dipped in their pocket for travel expenses. IF you save your receipts they will reimburse your expenses up to $200.00. The hotel once you arrive at orientation they pay for, but if you come in Sunday night, that is part of your $200.

Second day is more paperwork and two tests you must pass. Log book, I missed one dealing with the local guys hour of service and then a general knowledge. It was very clear that this was a shut up, and gut it up orientation. No one asked questions unless they had too. With that said, you must have 2 years of experience to hire on here and really you need three plus. There is a lot of things they "expect" you to know.

They will issue a tablet that is your log book. (If you loose the tablet, they will charge you $250.) The same program on the tablet can be down loaded on your phone, but if you hand your phone to the officer he can go scrolling through you history. The company does not play with texting or really talking on your phone while driving. They kinda give you a pass as long as you have a blue tooth device. But would prefer that you pull over to make a phone call.

Dispatchers are paid on commission. This removes a lot of the playing favorites and cherry picking the loads. If they have a driver leave, it counts against them. They have been very flexible since I got here as on the third day here, I had (have) a bad head cold and can barely stand up right. There is no pressure, when you are ready, let them know the night before so they can find you something.

One thing that has kinda rubbed me the wrong way is that you must have a smart phone to work here. ALL your dispatch comes on your phone and in your email. Excuse me? I have a tablet of yours but you don't want to pay for a sim card and minutes for it and you don't want to pay me to use my bought and paid for by me, phone. Really?

Pay is .48 to .52 per mile, most of the solo drivers received .50 per mile. Benefits start in 30 days, they are kinda spendy once you are over 40.

I was assigned a brand new Volvo, but found it very small for me, Mizz Belle and the crap I carry for the both of us, sometimes three of us. Well that rocked the boat, "But you said you wanted it!" I found a driver who wanted it bad and gave it to him....the truck that is. I settled on a 2017 Freightliner and they forgot to turn back down after the lease driver got out of it. They will not lease or lease to own unless you have been there 3 to 6 months. And it only has a outward facing camera. The newer trucks have both in and out, BUT you can put a piece of taper over your side. Should you have issues, hard stops, rapid accelerations, they will insist that you remove the tape.

I can finally stand up without the world spinning so I will get my first dispatch tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I've been seeing more and more of their trucks around.

11. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    They are growing by leaps and bounds, which can be worrisome in it's own right.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.