Great Plains Transport - A company that cares about drivers... NO BS.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Patrick6240, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Dsparil

Dsparil Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2017
    I agree with the desk nanny comment. Outward facing cameras im perfectly fine with. It's the inward facing cameras with microphones that are moving into stalker and kiddy-toucher territory. Blatant invasion of privacy.

There was another thread about Rhoel where a husband and wife team were getting ready for bed and the husband covered the camera. They were off duty but they got a call from Dispatch asking why they did that. Perverts.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    That's basically the problem.... some of these training companies, especially veriha(an I can confirm that because they sent qc messages to the fleet admitting to it despite what they said when the takeover and destruction of my last company happened), reohl, prime, and swift pretty much specialize in micromanaging to the point of insanity... even sitting in there desk and watching the truck's rpm's and cameras.

So far I haven't been bothered here, besides the people in the office here,( even though I've had my disagreements with a dispatcher or two now and then), they don't have time to sit there and constantly watch over every single thing. If something does trigger it because I'm falling asleep at the wheel, or I hard break because of some idiot trying to get themself creamed for that lawyer money, or im doing something stupid I'm sure the vendor would send the video over. Plus when I shut down at night the cab curtains always pull closed in front of that driver lens, and even the sun shade might block it once in a while. The fact I haven't been called or messaged about that speaks volumes to me. I wouldn't mind seeing something where drivers could log onto lytx's site and view any files that have been uploaded but not sent for their own review....

4. jeff7788

jeff7788 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2017
    lol that's funny. Attitude has nothing to do with it.

5. Driver Eight

Driver Eight Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    the more people give in to management, just gives them license to take more next time from drivers and give to themselves. Now, the lawyers and insurance companies have some guys saying 'whatever you want'.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    You sound like a good candidate to be a real super trucker. Buy your own truck and trailer and authority and insurance and permits and you'll be set. "The man" be dam'd. Won't be anything holding you back and you won't have anything to complain about. What are you waiting for?

Driver Eight and mitrucker Thank this.
  7. Driver Eight

Driver Eight Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Thanks. That could happen. For right now, I'm going to keep driving for somebody else. And you know, it is what it is. Not my truck. I like the job conceptually. All I know is, I've never had any problems getting a load from point A to point B safely on time. And In those 6 years or so, spoken to old timers that tell me the job just isn't as good as it used to be. Used to pay more, used to be more satisfying. If you're happy though, rock on.

8. llsnemesis

llsnemesis Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    piney river virginia
    People like you that want to fight a company that they built are the reason for driverless trucks. How about you get your checkbook out and invest in 150 trucks, terminal and staff then let a bunch of douchebags drive them down the road with their feet up on the dash while playing candy crush and kill some children. How about creating a blog for whatever company you work for and stay out of ours. Take your propaganda somewhere else. I have a family to support and you are not contributing to my daughters $22k a year university tuition. I can deal with a camera because I do my job which Bob pays me to do.

9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Would anyone happen to know the lease purchase terms on trucks at Great Plains?

10. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I have no idea... Mike or Kevin would be the guys to ask about that.

11. nickto21

nickto21 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    seattle
    Hey all,
    Does Great Plains make everyone get a new physical/med card at orientation? Or if you already have one, they accept the one you have?
    Thanks.
    Steve

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.