Greetings from the epitome of evil!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Number9, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Number9

Number9 Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Great White North
    Hello from Canada! Long time lurker, decided to join in on the fun..

I work for an ELD (amongst other things) provider, so I'm to blame for the latest crash, snow storm, Ebola outbreak and the fall of the Roman Empire. Since my employer isn't restricted to ELD's only and has other apps that can be helpful in safety and dispatch, I came here to learn more about the industry. The more I know, the more I can do, the more likely I am to get promoted.

Like other professional forums, this place has people who care enough about their jobs to want to learn more on their own time. It's also a great community, working hard on helping each other and presenting a clean image of the industry.

I will also try to contribute as much as I reasonably can, but my main purpose here is to learn. If you have any questions, you can ask them here or in the Regulations/ELD subforums.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
  4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    You forgot - ELD’s have also been proved beyond any shadow of a doubt - to contribute to dead puppies.

But welcome to the funny farm anyhow.

5. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    I will take a stress leave if they put a ELD in my truck. Have enough trouble operating my home tv now that 3 remotes are required

just_sayin and Number9 Thank this.
  6. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    greetings, how is everything in washington dc lol

Number9 Thanks this.
  7. Number9

Number9 Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Great White North
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

We try to keep the puppies and kittens under wraps... Bad optics in the media :cool:

It's not that bad. Just knowing the basic HOS rules is the worst of it. It takes most people 30-60min of training to learn everything they need to log in, log out, change duty status, accept/reject edits/unassigned driving, send logs. If you already know how to do a paper log, you've won more than half of the battle. The problem is that many companies don't spend the time to train their drivers. In quite a few cases, even the safety and compliance managers won't bother to learn how to use those devices and portals.

Well, it's quite festive.. We've been meeting with your country's leaders, making friends, seeing the sights, providing entertainment for our new friends.. Good times! ;) On a serious note, I avoid Washington and Ottawa like the plague. More interested in visiting rural areas of KS, MT, MO, TX, GA.

Jazz1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.