Gyms and libraries

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SandyEggo518, Mar 3, 2021.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    If you pull a van or reefer, a simple load lock will allow you to do pullups and chin-ups. An empty trailer is great for doing sit-ups, pushups, lunges, burpees, jumping jacks, and jumping rope. Also, doing a handstand with your back against the wall is an easy substitute for doing the military press without a barbell.

randomname Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Good gobbley mobbley man, I’m worn out just reading all those exercises.

*SAID WITH GREAT PRIDE*

I might not do all those other exhausting activities (not necessary for my kind), but I do burpees with the best of ‘em. You just let me down a nice cold one and watch me go!

RockinChair Thanks this.
  4. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    I don't know why you couldn't read a book while waiting at a dock or after you're done driving. From what I've read on here there are a pile of drivers that play video games hanging out in their truck so why can't you read?? Seemed like a reasonable question to me

SandyEggo518 Thanks this.
  5. TwoDonkeys

TwoDonkeys Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019

6. TwoDonkeys

TwoDonkeys Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019
    There is a phone app called "Libby". It's free to use any library for free as long as you have a library card. With all the covid restrictions, you can apply for a library card on line. Takes about five minutes. All the audio books are free to check out just like any library, and you can listen to them while you're driving.

SandyEggo518 Thanks this.
  7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I have an out and back job. Get back once a week. Can fit in even a quick workout for my legs. Have 24 hour fitness membership.
    Then I have adjustable dumbbells in my truck.
    Working with weight. Pushing that. Seems to work out well with this job.
    194EBF02-63E2-422B-BABF-4D9D6388DB54.jpeg

8. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    OP meant liberry and you know it.
    We do not harass newbies for spelling mistakes here

9. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Start making a habit of shopping at thrift stores. You can load up on books for cheap and never need to return them. Might find some other goodies too. Tee shirts, work boots, weights you can use for working out in the truck, etc.

And don't automatically shy away from history books on obscure topics either. It's tough to find more lunacy and carnage anywhere else.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    tarmadilo and hidden1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.