HazMat after Felony Sex Offence

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by MTsleddog, Mar 11, 2021.

1. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Fair point. I guess that's why I'm a trucker and not a lawyer. But it might still be worthwhile to float the idea.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cobrakaiguy

Cobrakaiguy Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2020
    Dallas
    Why did the cops not arrest you after the rape kit was done, as they are notif9ed when one was taken, did they show you the DNA and exam results, and did you have any texts from back then with her saying anything about hooking up, IMHO you should prob get a different attorney, as he just seems to not even care. Not sure what state you are in but I would start reading the law books and check the statue of limitations and such. Did she have a boyfriend at the time this happened?

4. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    If you haven't been sentenced or tried on this case yet, I suggest not talking about any details of the case or expressing any personal opinions about it on the internet. ANYTHING you say can, and will, be used against you in a court of law. Even if you think the posts don't mean anything or won't incriminate you, anything can be spun around by a good attorney. If you think a prosecutor won't dig to find social media posts, you're wrong. If this thread were to come out in a court of law, you have no idea how much it could bite you in the ##*.

GoneButNotForgotten and not4hire Thank this.
  5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Yeah, the whole thread is a real head-scratcher to me. I understand the desire to find out what might cause his hazmat endorsement to get cancelled, but it would have been best to ask a very narrow question, e.g. "Where can I find info on convictions that cancel hazmat," or something similar.

Dave1837 Thanks this.
  6. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    And for whatever it's worth, just in case someone might think it's OK because they're using a secret user ID, the only way that helps at all is if you use a secret email address to set up the account. It's amazing how easy it is to get an email address from a user account, or vice versa - to use an email address to identify all the social media accounts that were set up with it.

not4hire Thanks this.
  7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me that if both parties were intoxicated then neither party could give effective consent. If that's the case, then I bet she could be charged with rape or sexual assault - and if that were to happen, then perhaps both parties could mutually agree to drop charges against the other.

Also, I wonder if OP has visited with his attorney about the possibility of charging the other party with filing a false report and/or suing for defamation, infliction of emotional distress, or something else in that same realm.

Dennixx and slow.rider Thank this.
  8. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    My two cents is, I know very little about the law etc. hope for the best but plan for the worst. in this scenario it would seem the plea would negate your hazmat endorsement. You’ve already said you’re keeping your current boss apprised of the situation. If you have a good work history I would simply ask him for a letter of recommendation once you’re no longer able to carry the hazmat endorsement. With a CDL and a good work record there are lots of good paying CDL jobs that do not require hazmat. Might not be ideal but would Be better than jail

9. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Need to get a different lawyer and scrounge up some money.

no way would I suggest pleading guilty to a felony when they have zero actual physical evidence .

Is your attorney a public defender ?
    It sure sounds like it.

In America you get as much justice as you can afford, so you need to beg or borrow some money and get a different attorney who will wait until they see some actual evidence to suggest their client plead guilty.

10. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    As much as I hate to say it, that needs to go in the quote book.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.