Help I want out of this company, only 2 months experience.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lilberh357, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You choose to stay there. I've never understood drivers that hate the company they work for or hate trucking in general, but refuse to make a change.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilberh357

Lilberh357 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2022
    I love what I do. And I don't hate anyone. But the name of the game is to make money. I've been talking with the company owner and he said that he would talk to me when I make it back home. They want me to stay. But I have bills and a family that I need to provide for. That's it. I paid a lot of my to get this license. Basically went broke for it. And I want my investment to pay off.

ducnut Thanks this.
  4. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @Lilberh357 --

If you can't get rid of that heap of a tractor they assigned to you--and it's affecting your ability to earn an honest income--then you might also like to know about this other carrier:

Company Driver: Midwest Regional ($83k/yr - Home Weekly) | Fremont Contract Carriers (fcc-inc.com)

Judging from the info given in the above link -- you would qualify to drive for them now.

There's a thread here on the Forum about this same carrier -- drivers there are apparently happy overall - it's easily one of the best threads here on the Forum:

FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers | Page 948 | TruckersReport.com Trucking Forum | #1 CDL Truck Driver Message Board (thetruckersreport.com)

Good luck, Driver.....:salute:

-- L

Lilberh357 Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You said you want to be an owner-operator, so look at Greatwide when you have 12 mos. experience.
    @Bo78 - you might be interested in this program.
    ~
    Greatwide Truckload | Owner Operator Jobs | United …
    At Greatwide We Turn Drivers Into Owner Operators With Our Lease Purchase Program!

Good Credit Bad Credit No Problem!
      • Apply Online To Get The Process Started.
      • Visit One Of The Dealers Below In Person Or Online And Pick Your Truck.
    If You Have A Dealer Of Your Own Not On Our List No Problem! We Can Work With Them.
    Upon Completion Of The Lease Agreement We Overnight Your Log, Stickers, etc...
    Your First Load Will Be Waiting.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Your investment will pay off. It takes patience and a high bull #### tolerance. You're only 2 months in. Now you've already seen the dark side of trucking. Even in breakdowns, there are things to be learned. You'll learn how to do certain repairs on your own, and that will be vital for when you become an owner operator.

Being an owner op is down the line. You don't really want to rush into that anyway. You'll have to learn some patience and going through adversity early on in your career is a good thing because it will thicken up your tolerance.

I get that you have bills to pay, and it cost you big money to get your CDL, same as all of us. You must adopt the idea of "one load at a time." Literally and figuratively. In your first year, you need to focus on honing your skills and becoming as good a driver as possible. Learn the business, learn the industry. Learn the highways and byways. I feel like you need to start over and redirect your focus. You've got some suggestions for companies. Pick one of them, wipe the slate clean, and start over with a clear head and put this experience behind you. When you do go to the next company, don't go with these negative feelings. Learn what you can now, so you can apply the lessons down the line.

7. Jaguar115

Jaguar115 Heavy Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Warsaw, Mo
    delete

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  8. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016

Sunk coast fallacy.

it would literally take me a masters/doctorate degree to break even with that I make in my neck of the woods.

that being said, I’m out soon - just a matter of when.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Years ago I worked for a grocery company that decided to focus of groceries and not deal with a transportation department. Asked for bids from trucking companies to take over and Greatwide won the bid. I went to the orientation to see what it was all about. Greatwide was going to have about 5 company drivers and the rest 0/0's through Greatwide's program. I took a company driver position because I've never wanted to be an 0/0. We were told up front that company drivers would get the scraps after the 0/0's took what loads they wanted. There were about 50 - 75 0/0's.
    I did real well picking up the leftovers the 0/0's didn't want, so no complaints there.
    I only know of two 0/0's that went through the program that failed. One bought a used daycab that was constantly breaking down. The other bought a bright pink KW sleeper truck off a used car lot for $5000.00 and it also was always breaking down. All the other drivers bought trade-ins from truck dealerships and did real well.
    We were told to pick a truck from anywhere and financing would be arranged. That was true. A few drivers paid off the truck then struck out on their own, most running off load boards.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    Bean Jr., Lilberh357 and ducnut Thank this.
  10. Lilberh357

Lilberh357 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2022
    Ty china town u always have good info.

Bean Jr. and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.