hey is this a good company

Discussion in 'Knight' started by T.BONE, Feb 19, 2008.

  1. Kabar

    Kabar Road Train Member

    1,041
    394
    Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    0
    Yes Seattle is a VERY liberal town. Knights equipment is very good. If you hire onto there canadian fleet that is all you will do. About 60% of it is back and forth from Sea-Tac to Van. B.C. the other 40% is in Canada. No force Disp. but turning down a load may be shotting your self in the foot.
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. tracyq144

    tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

    884
    546
    Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    0
    seawind, what is the link to "your story"? I would like to hear how Knight did you so bad.

    I am pretty happy with them, but maybe I am just too stupid to know better?
     
  4. Dna Mach

    Dna Mach Road Train Member

    2,970
    2,254
    Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    0
    As far at trucking goes, Knight is very good company. They preach safety and as long you are a safe, compliant legal driver you can do well here. The safety director at my terminal is great guy and part of their job is sticking up for safe drivers. Newer dispatches don't understand the HOS rules and there for you get some pretty screwy days out here. The good dispatchers, the one that stick around long enough, are versed in the HOS and your days remain good. As long as you and your dispatcher have an understanding on how you like to run and both parties get good reviews then the world is yours. Where you live also plays a role. There is good freight in and out of my area.

    SO enough blabbing on my part, sorry. I am happy at Knight and I run 10,000 miles per month and am home every weekend. I like my job but I also like my time off so it is a good fit for me. Your results may differ.
     
  5. ~Icey~

    ~Icey~ Bobtail Member

    4
    0
    May 26, 2009
    Texas
    0
    My husband drove for them back a few years ago. They are not the worst company he has driven for. We did have to watch the pay stubs for missed miles, but nothing new there. That is a good thing to be in a habit of anyway. But he never had a complaint of not enough miles.
     
  6. Kabar

    Kabar Road Train Member

    1,041
    394
    Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    0
    Over all Knight is good. You do have to watch the new DM's and make them run you legal. They are so eager to make a name that they will push you if you let them. Stand your ground and train them to do there job right.
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted