Highest paying company jobs

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kenworth6969, Sep 8, 2023.

1. AsphaltFarmer

AsphaltFarmer Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2022
    New Mexico
    Would you mind sharing what year and what mileage when it finally #### the bed?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    They've got 15,000 drivers. Turnover from people quiting, getting fired or retiring is normal. They're expanding another 10,000 trucks by 2025. They're already up from 12,000 just a couple of years ago. That's doubling the fleet so way bigger than any turnover. As you surely know they've already kicked out contract carriers from several grocery DC's who were doing outbound and taking over as much of the store deliveries as possible. You're right they're not taking over all inbound freight but they are getting more and more of the inbound grocery "backhauls". Grocery is where all the business growth has been and will be. It's also where the money's at for drivers.

4. DavidInPuyallup

DavidInPuyallup Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Washington

I have 6 months experience, all endorsements and really want to do cryo/hazmat hauling. Jealous.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location? Washington?

6. DavidInPuyallup

DavidInPuyallup Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Washington
    Yes. Unfortunately from my searching every job that's hazmat like fuel or chemicals wants 1-3yrs experience

I'm currently dry van night shift for $30/hr. Load & unload my own trailer with electric pallet jack.

Commute at night to work is 1hr 15 but day shift is 35min. Only reason I hate nights right now.

7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Capture bit more experience and apply it's all about the attitude and the need

Another Canadian driver and lual Thank this.
  8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I've had some steering wheel time, and thought about your post a day or so.

As much as my eyes have rolled at your (quite popular) threads regarding low rates and the current industry economy - I have to credit you for this one , in being honest and recognizing that it's not working for you. Few have the humility to do that.

I had a conversation with a guy today in a similar situation to you. It hurt his pride as a breadwinner, but he had enough humility to ask me honest questions, about the next phase. His mind had run through some very drastic possibilities. I'm glad he righted his mind.

The smart man in trucking, to me, is the one that realizes that his race has run - for whatever reason - and exits his current situation to either prosper elsewhere, or return again better learned.

I often think of Kevin Webb, many moons of posts ago - we returned his truck to his widow after delivering his load. You would have to live the experience of doing that, knowing what you do as an owner, and what you glean from the condition of a mans truck - to understand that I never want to see or hear about an owner operator pulling into a rest area in the middle of winter, crawling in the bunk, and putting a pistol to his head.

Because this is just business. And if it isn't working - you do something different.

Good luck, and I truly mean that. Keep us updated on what you find.

Regards, Blair.

9. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    12 Cascadia 780k miles.

10. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia

A FANTASTIC post. :thumbup:

-- L

11. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Yeah been watching YouTube videos of walmart drivers today, they seem happy.
    They even have a line item they get paid on when spending the night sleeping in the truck. They also get lots of paid time off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.