Highest paying LTL trucking company

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KullenTrucking, Jul 29, 2019.

1. NvySwmr626

NvySwmr626 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2023
    Yup! There’s a couple fuel hauling jobs in Ventura County that are the only jobs in-line with OD as far as pay. However, they work 2-3 weekends a month, and the hours are such that you have no life no matter what you do. Tough job, and I’m glad there are guys who want to do it, but I’ll pass.

I do a turn at RTO every night, and yeah, the dock is quiet! I talk more with the guys at IRC, and it’s been the same story; bunch of them got their CDL’s in-house, and were excited about driving, but now they’re back to mostly dock hours.

My nights have been fairly consistent. You probably know Danny at RTO. He’s been on it as far as keeping me busy. I’ve been sent up to Santa Maria a couple times now, so they max me out as much as they can. Overall, even with it being slow, I’m making more here than I have anywhere else, so I’m not complaining.

Cardfan89, plynnjr92 and dwells40 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plynnjr92

plynnjr92 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    Yeah Danny is king of awesome mountain. Him, Rodney, Jose, Rolando and Mike are great guys.

If the fuel jobs do weekends 2-3 times a month then they're likely on some BS rotating schedule. 5-2 then 5-3 and back. I worked weekends in SD which sucked, but occasionally I could find some fun to bring back to my apartment on Tuesday nights.. God bless San Diego State.. don't tell my wife ;)

4. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Don't ask, Don't tell lol

plynnjr92 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.